40 s&w debate

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Define "knock down power"

If you mean kinetic energy say it, if you mean that the permanent wound cavity is larger and has the potential to engage more vital structures then say that.

pptpe45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    I think you should shoot the biggest caliber you are comfortable shooting. I shoot the .40 as easily as I shoot a 9mm. I feel more confident that the .40 will stop a threat quickly with fewer rounds fired than a 9mm. Not sure what the commentor meant about the 'Glock bulge'. Before I gained 60 pounds I was able to carry my 27 in quite comfortably and very concealed in an IWB holster. Shoot what you feel confident shooting

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I think you should shoot the biggest caliber you are comfortable shooting. I shoot the .40 as easily as I shoot a 9mm. I feel more confident that the .40 will stop a threat quickly with fewer rounds fired than a 9mm. Not sure what the commentor meant about the 'Glock bulge'. Before I gained 60 pounds I was able to carry my 27 in quite comfortably and very concealed in an IWB holster. Shoot what you feel confident shooting

Having seen hundreds of people shoot Glocks not many are comfortable shooting a G27 for an extended period of time. Shooting 2,000 rounds in three days with a G27 on a handgun course would be torture. Since the ammunition has improved most LEA's are now using 9mm for several reasons.

Last edited:

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I am going to have to side with Nate Dog here,

In the well received, contemporary masterpiece that is "Regulators", pro-raper and all around fantastic person "Nate Dog" (that is his stage name, his given name is Nathaniel Dwayne Hale), mentions that he has "16 in the clip, and one in the hole". I take this (rightly) to mean he has a Glock 22 in 40s&w, with the std 15rd mag enhanced with a plus 2 baseplate, and he has fully loaded that mag and then chambered his gun, that leaving 16 rounds in the "clip". This downloaded condition of the "clip" would allow for better feeding of the 2nd round, and would help reduce the likelyhood of having a stoppage when the slide cycles on a fully loaded mag, a problem that I am sure Mr Dog would be quite aware of. As a "regulator" or to the uneducated layman, a person tasked by another to "deal with" any theft issues of the employer's property, Mr Dog also mentions that he is experienced in this matter, by noting in the 2nd line of the song that "We're damn good too". All of this indicated to me, without a shadow of a doubt, that Mr Dog has selected the best caliber for the job, and has obviously bypassed all other available calibers for the 40s&w. As I lack any experience "regulating" I must defer to his knowledge. The massive success of this cultrual phenom just adds to his credibilty in matters such as this.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I am going to have to side with Nate Dog here,

In the well received, contemporary masterpiece that is "Regulators", pro-raper and all around fantastic person "Nate Dog" (that is his stage name, his given name is Nathaniel Dwayne Hale), mentions that he has "16 in the clip, and one in the hole". I take this (rightly) to mean he has a Glock 22 in 40s&w, with the std 15rd mag enhanced with a plus 2 baseplate, and he has fully loaded that mag and then chambered his gun, that leaving 16 rounds in the "clip". This downloaded condition of the "clip" would allow for better feeding of the 2nd round, and would help reduce the likelyhood of having a stoppage when the slide cycles on a fully loaded mag, a problem that I am sure Mr Dog would be quite aware of. As a "regulator" or to the uneducated layman, a person tasked by another to "deal with" any theft issues of the employer's property, Mr Dog also mentions that he is experienced in this matter, by noting in the 2nd line of the song that "We're damn good too". All of this indicated to me, without a shadow of a doubt, that Mr Dog has selected the best caliber for the job, and has obviously bypassed all other available calibers for the 40s&w. As I lack any experience "regulating" I must defer to his knowledge. The massive success of this cultrual phenom just adds to his credibilty in matters such as this.
    Man I had to search that on YouTube. I had no idea Fresh Prince was a rapper back in the day….

RedWriter2017

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2017
    Desoto County, MS
    I love .40S&W, but yes, 9mm seems to have seized the day.

Have a G23 and several Sig Sauer 229's in .40S&W.

I'll carry my G23 rather than my EDC 9mm semi when I'm in the danger zone (a nearby big blue city).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom