Chavez threatens to cut off oil to U.S.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americas/07/25/venezuela.chavez.us/index.html?hpt=T2

CNN) -- Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Sunday said his country will stop exporting oil to the United States if there is a military attack stemming from escalating tensions between Venezuela and Colombia.

Speaking at a political rally, Chavez warned of a military attack from Colombia, and accused the United States of being behind such an attack.

"The Yankee empire has no limit to its manipulation," Chavez said.

Colombia and Venezuela are at odds over accusations that Colombian rebels have found refuge in Venezuela. Colombia called an emergency meeting of the Organization of American States last week, in which it provided photos that it said were evidence of camps belonging to the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia -- known by its Spanish abbreviation, FARC -- in Venezuela.

Venezuela denies the accusations, and in response broke off diplomatic ties with the neighboring country.

If there is an attack from Colombia, Chavez said Sunday, Venezuela would stop supplying oil to the United States, "even if we have to eat rocks" because of the repercussions.

"That would be a response of dignity and high caliber," Chavez said.

According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration, Venezuela is the fifth-largest supplier of crude oil to the United States, delivering an average of 894,000 barrels of oil per day.

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    I don't go to Valero stations that Chavez owns. I would run out of gas before sending any my money to that pig. I have not investigated what oil companies use their oil .

Mirror

Out on the Track
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    So he'll kill his country off over what he thinks is a "dignified" response? Acting like a damn child is now considered dignified and noble? I must be out of the loop...

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So he'll kill his country off over what he thinks is a "dignified" response? Acting like a damn child is now considered dignified and noble? I must be out of the loop...
    Exactly. He won't cut us off. He uses US oil refineries to refine his crude. I'm not sure how much oil we consume from his nation, either.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    All of the oil goes into commodities markets anyways. If he could not sell to the US, China would buy it and we'd get oil from where China was going to buy it from.

It's a "global economy" we won't be affected unless he could blockade the US.

BTW, your oil may just as well come from Chavez, but you nor he'd never know it. If you want to impact the oil companies or countries, you have to consume less.

LeftyDiego

Lefty Diego
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    West of the Pecos
    Valero is an independent oil company. Chavez does not have any interest in them. ExxonMobile Chalmette Refining is a partnership between ExxonMobil and PDVSA, the Venezuelan oil company. The gas made at the refinery may end up at any station.

Mirror

Out on the Track
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    That's where having a bike puts me at an advantage...needing to use premium, high octane gas, however, kind of puts me right back down though. Damn...

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Wait a minute!

I recall during the election being told that once Obama was elected the whole world would love us!

What happened??????

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Wait a minute!

I recall during the election being told that once Obama was elected the whole world would love us!

What happened??????

I think "the world" is... more accepting, but I'm sure you're aware of this, if he pursued the BEST path (sole US interests) NATO and the rest of the world's gov'ts would HATE us.

He/nor Bush control their foreign policy which is in the hands of "hawks" which will only PARTLY satisfy NATO/EUro gov'ts - as long as he challenges Russia, China, support Israel. Of course, the US falls economically which ALL of the developed world quietly applauds hoping to replace us.

While I'd like to see him get out/kick out the UNO, declare the 14th and 16th Amendments as being unconsitutional, get rid of the Fed Reserve (and the insidious Fed Income Tax), repudiate our "debt", reinstitute a sound currency controlled by Congress, etc, etc., I'm under no illusions that this could be done in one or two terms [assuming (A) one had the backing and (B) retaliation by the powers that be wouldn't "remove you from the play".]

Obama (and anyone who could have or would have inherited the White House) was damned either way to a large extent because people don't realize from whence comes the POWER in this nation. Same with Bush's Admin.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom