Charity Drop Off Boxes

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    RANT ON!

I passed by a charity drop box a few minutes ago that had the pick up driver sweating his ass off going through all the absolute CRAP, BROKEN JUNK, and garbage that was dropped off in the box.

This is the second charity that I have noticed this at in two weeks!

People are shoving all manner of trash into these and I saw very little that was reuseable or resellable.

Last week's even had a trash bag full of household garbage in it!!!!!!!

If I see someone putting trash in one, it's on like Donkey Kong!

Rant off.....................

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Haw.I worked at Salvation Army for several years, the biggest bill every month was trash disposal

Pissy mattresses, broken nasty couches, all manner of unusable appliances

Our drivers on the pick up truck were to never turn anything down it will upset people and lessen donations. THQ in Atlanta said 1500 a month trash bill was nothing compared to the stuff they could sell outta that junk

We had a 40 yd dumpster with a huge chopper and a ram to crush, chop and compact trash,....it emptied once a week or more

They also like to sell virgin bales, 1000 lb bales (off the donation truck to the bailer to the south bound 18 wheeler) lamps , clothes, raidos....you name it, whatever will fit for
    .25 per lb

Side Note: If you've never worked inside a " charity orginazation " well....it's an eye opener to human nature

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    That's a shame.

I used to do alot of volunteer work in highschool, and it was a great feeling to help other people out. Wish I had more time for it now.

I've got low morals, and I don't even think I could stick trash in a salvation army box. Hell, there are tons of open dumpsters all around the city......

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    When they had one in Slidell near the old Schwegmann's, the transients used to ransack it and haul off bags of stuff people left, we'd find it in piles in the woods behind the truckstop where they'd gone through it for what they wanted and left the rest to rot. They'd leave tons of other stuff out in the elements, and eventually the drop off point was removed.

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    My family liked to work the soup kitchen on Thanksgiving day. We would get there early and spend the morning helping cleaning and in cooking and then serving everyone. It made the day really mean something to us.

Top Bottom