AR Noob question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • latech15

Master class Hero
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Pineville
    I have a plum crazy lower. If I were to order the jse surplus upper to throw on it, could I add a comp on that barrel or would I have to replace the barrel to do that.

Part 2- what comp should I get?

Uses for the gun. Mostly 3gun type shooting. Free hand. Run and gun with the longest shot being maybe 200 yards.

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    Need less info. If you are talking about a 16" upper that has some sort of muzzle device on it, you should be able to replace it with most any other muzzle device for an ar-15. Which one you get depends on how much you want to spend. The Miculek comp is decent at around $45 and something like the surefire is supposed to be great but 2-3 times the more expensive.

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    You can thread on any compensator or muzzle break that you like, the Miculek break is sold at Midway USA, Dillion USA, I used it for my RRA rifle for several seasons, works like a champ, My JP rifle already came with a factory machined muzzle break to barrel, another good one is the Corvette Comp by Nordic Components,

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    The Miculek (Jerry) comp will give you the most bang for the buck. Triangle Shooting Sports (Benny Hill) makes the Rolling Thunder comp. I would like to try one but I don't think that it will be worth the money over the Miculek. The most effective comp that I have tried is the JP Recoil Eliminator but it is only legal for Open division.

dockbox

Lead Farmer
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    New Orleans
    Just put a Rolling Thunder on my 3 Gun Rifle
    9n1i9uya1iuowe1ykkt.jpg

qg5zesccq1k64aol311s.jpg

Top Bottom