Kahr PM9 Carry Suggestions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilante

Realist
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    Recently received my CCL and have been trying to find a comfortable way to carry. I have a Kahr PM9 that I thought would be my best choice in comfort-ability(Also have a G30 and Kimber Pro Carry). I tried cheap in the wast band holsters, just to try to figure out where to carry. My favorite 2 choices were 2 and 6 oclock. My problem is sitting down and bending down, I have significant discomfort and decreased range of motion. Not whining here, but I want to be comfortable (I think most would agree). Any thoughts or suggestions? Or will it just be uncomfortable no matter what?

Thanks

King of D Open
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Vieux Carre
    I have a DeSantis Super Fly which I've modified to handle my PM9 with CT LaserGrip and XS Big Dots for pocket carry. I also have a Crossbreeed QwikClip IWB in horsehide with the combat cut, that works everywhere from 1 to 5 o'clock.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    The PM9 is so small it should be comfortable anywhere. Sounds like you're using the wrong holster. I personally love the Comptac MTAC holsters for IWB. I barely even notice it during the day, and I have a very active job.

Vigilante

Realist
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    I am an idiot. It was not the handgun or the holster, it was the pants. I had to go out, and wanted to try something different, so I put the Kimber in an Uncle Mike's and headed out for the day. No problems at all at 5 oclock. I thought about it and realized it was the jeans that I was wearing. They were about 1 size too big, and ended up working out perfect.

Not a fan of pocket carry, so I am still looking for a nice ITWB holster.

kpm

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    I have an mtac iwb and it fits real well and you never know it's there. On the other hand I have issue with getting a grip around the gun. I will keep practicing with it. I recently changed the body out for my g19 so I have not had any range time with it since.

Lately, I find iwb front carry just right of my belt line (no idea the real name of this carry position) with either a supertuck or a cheapo uncle mike's iwb works well. I have been able to conceal it well even with casual shorts and its very comfortable. Just make sure you have shorts with a belt bc the pm9 has a little wieght to it. If you carry in the front, make sure you cover the trigger and don't cover you unit!

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I have an mtac iwb and it fits real well and you never know it's there. On the other hand I have issue with getting a grip around the gun. I will keep practicing with it. I recently changed the body out for my g19 so I have not had any range time with it since.

Lately, I find iwb front carry just right of my belt line (no idea the real name of this carry position) with either a supertuck or a cheapo uncle mike's iwb works well. I have been able to conceal it well even with casual shorts and its very comfortable. Just make sure you have shorts with a belt bc the pm9 has a little wieght to it. If you carry in the front, make sure you cover the trigger and don't cover you unit!

Appendix carry is a natural place for your hands to go as you raise them.

Vigilante

Realist
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    Jaybird, thanks for the recommendations. I think I am going to try the crossbreed holster. I decided to try pocket carry for use with shorts. I shopped local and tried out the Desantis, which did not work (holster would come out with the handgun). I also tried the Uncle Mike's pocket holster and to my surprise it felt good and worked very well, so I decided to buy it. For $12 i figured it was worth a shot. I know Uncle Mike's is run of the mill economy products, but if it works, it works. If carried it since then and love it! I have a Galco IWB holster on order and will report back with my opinions.

Tom Gresham

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    Covington
    It's short notice (I just saw this thread), but I'll have someone from Kahr on the radio show at 1:06pm today.

If you can't find a station nearby (www.guntalk.com/listen), you can listen via streaming media (links on the web site).

If you want to, you can call in to ask the guy from Kahr questions.

Tip: Call early to increase the chances of getting on the air. The call-in number is 1-866-825-5486.

RocknRolla

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Abita Springs, La
    I use an uncle mike pocket holster near about everyday. It is cheap, but it works really well. I've used them for years and I still have, and use, the first one I bought.

Now I have three, two are different sizes and one is extra I got in with a package trade. I might try a nemesis or another pocket holster, but I just can't seem to justify spending the money.

Now everything else uncle mike sells is pretty much crap. Good for in a pinch, but basically crap.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom