Mossberg 500A AOW Class 3 shotgun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LandrysGuns

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Addis, LA
    Still cleaning out the safe.

Mossberg model 500A with 14" barrel, 12 ga.

Since this was originally a pistol grip shotgun, it was available to be registered an AOW (Any Other Weapon) which transfers over for only $5 TAX!

Asking $325.

I also have a few Winchester SBS for sale. Both are model 1300 and 20 ga.

One has an 8" barrel and pistol grip, but as a SBS you can put a stock on it. The other has a 12" barrel ( need to get the tape measure out) and it has a wooden stock on that one. One for the car, one for the house. $325 for pistol grip, $350 for the stocked one.

Dale Landry
    Landry's Guns
    225-202-7843

LandrysGuns

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Addis, LA
    Hope to get some in the next few days. Will probably take a trip to the shop this weekend.

LandrysGuns

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Addis, LA
    Ok, sorry for the delay in getting those. Took them today and posted them on my Landry's Guns facebook page. It you would like to check them out there, please do so. Just type in Landry's Guns in the friend's search box. I'll see if I cna get them up here tonight, but they are on the PC and I am on the MAC at the moment.

LandrysGuns

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Addis, LA
    Paperwork is the same for any class 3 device, and unfortunately the same wait. If all goes well and paperwork is on time from State Police, I expect a 8 to 10 week process. It seems repeat purchasers are getting theirs in 2 to 3 weeks time quicker.

Here's the pictures:

Winchester 14" SBS 20 GA

Winchester 8" SBS 20 GA

Mossberg 500A 14" 12 GA

LandrysGuns

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Addis, LA
    Right, if you need a stock then $200 tax to get a SBS. You can then put a pistol grip on it if you choose and have a little more versatility. Now in the case of an AOW, it's only $5, which is a lot cheaper and if you need something that will never have a stock, like a car gun, say a double barrel 12ga with a pistol grip, i.e. Mad Max movie, then you would never need a stock.

A bit of trivia, during the '94-'04 crime bill years, and AOW was the only thing that could have the "assault weapon" features. Because it was in a class all by itself. Even SBRs during the ban had to comply with it, because it was a "short barreled RIFLE or SHOTGUN" and AOW is neither.

LandrysGuns

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Addis, LA
    If you have a virgin receiver that was never assembled with a stock, then it would be possible to have a dealer register a double barrel as an AOW.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom