CC in Whole Foods

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    I made it a point to look for a no guns sign at the BR Whole Foods when I last was there, Monday, I think.

I did not see any. I always come and go via the entrance on the right as you face the store. I will check out the other entrance next time.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    I made it a point to look for a no guns sign at the BR Whole Foods when I last was there, Monday, I think.

I did not see any. I always come and go via the entrance on the right as you face the store. I will check out the other entrance next time.

That's interesting. They store in Metairie has them on all entrances.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    Whole Foods has no "franchises". Each store is owned by the company.

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge

I almost always go in the other entrance, and have never seen a sign. But then, I do not make it a point to look for signs. If I don't see it just normally approaching the entrance, then it is not effective.

Don't Panic
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Olla, La
    taken from a post via defensivecarry.com

From WFHQ in Austin, TX

Thank you for the e-mail and feedback regarding Whole Foods Market's "No Firearms" policy.Our policy restricting handguns in the store is driven around providing a safe working environment for our Team Members - and our intent is to extend this safe environment to our customers.* In our Whole Foods Market General Information Guide (employee handbook), we state that:"Whole Foods Market has adopted a policy that no one, including Team Members and customers, may bring firearms, concealed weapons or the like to any Whole Foods Market location.* This prohibition applies, but is not limited to, any public areas of our stores, back rooms, break rooms, Team Member lockers, central kitchens, distribution centers, parking lots and garages. only commissioned law enforcement officers or other law enforcement personnel are permitted to bring firearms onto Company premises."Again, Whole Foods Market's "No Firearms" policy is in place for safety reasons only; while individuals in the company may have personal opinions regard
    ing the 2nd Amendment, Whole Foods Market does not take a political position on this issue, nor is our policy intended to infer a lack of support for the 2nd Amendment.* Whole Foods Market's policy is based on state law, which allows businesses to establish and enforce a "No Firearms" policy in our stores as part of state criminal trespass laws.We recognize that you have a choice in where you shop - and appreciate your business. I hope that this e-mail clarifies some of your concerns regarding our reasons for this policy.

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    taken from a post via defensivecarry.com

From WFHQ in Austin, TX

Thank you for the e-mail and feedback regarding Whole Foods Market's "No Firearms" policy.Our policy restricting handguns in the store is driven around providing a safe working environment for our Team Members - and our intent is to extend this safe environment to our customers.* In our Whole Foods Market General Information Guide (employee handbook), we state that:"Whole Foods Market has adopted a policy that no one, including Team Members and customers, may bring firearms, concealed weapons or the like to any Whole Foods Market location.* This prohibition applies, but is not limited to, any public areas of our stores, back rooms, break rooms, Team Member lockers, central kitchens, distribution centers, parking lots and garages. only commissioned law enforcement officers or other law enforcement personnel are permitted to bring firearms onto Company premises."Again, Whole Foods Market's "No Firearms" policy is in place for safety reasons only; while individuals in the company may have personal opinions regard
    ing the 2nd Amendment, Whole Foods Market does not take a political position on this issue, nor is our policy intended to infer a lack of support for the 2nd Amendment.* Whole Foods Market's policy is based on state law, which allows businesses to establish and enforce a "No Firearms" policy in our stores as part of state criminal trespass laws.We recognize that you have a choice in where you shop - and appreciate your business. I hope that this e-mail clarifies some of your concerns regarding our reasons for this policy.

Just another reason to shop elsewhere. Votes are dollars. I never shopped at Whole Foods when I lived in Austin, could not stand the stench of patchouli oil and the hairy armpits and Birkenstocks one encountered there.

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    It always amazes me when people canbe smart enough to build a big business and still lack common sense. Once more for the record, in case the WF netbot finds the thread...

Criminals don't follow your rules(or anyone's), that's what makes them criminals. They will have their guns. Those of us who follow your rules will be defenseless victims.

If you Kumbaya guys want to save the world, start by banning smoking by your employees on your premises. Last week my morning run took me past the front door of the WF in Towne Center (Baton Rouge) where I was treated to a 5:15am dose of second hand smoke from the WF employess puffing up the front walk. I am more likely to be harmed by your employee's disgusting addiction than you are by my gun. Do some navel gazing on that!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    They do not take a political position on this issue, and it is their policy to choose not to allow concealed carry in their stores, which is political position.:crazy:

They should have named themselves "(A$$)Whole Foods".

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    If I had a quarter for every "CC in Whole Foods" thread i've ever seen.

I'd rather have a quarter for every time someone writes, calls or generally stands up for themselves than I would for every pointless post, even though I'd be a rich man if I chose the later.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    It has recently come to my attention that your store in Metairie, Louisiana has “no weapons” signs on the entrances. I’ve been a patron of Whole Foods for over 15 years. I also have a concealed handgun permit. I’ve carried a weapon in all three locations in the New Orleans metro area hundreds, maybe thousands of times. I have never noticed the signs baring guns/weapons in all that time until I read a post on the internet describing such. I trust that these signs are to ban people who legally carry a firearm, because I don’t think anyone is oblivious enough to actually believe that a sign is going to stop a criminal intent on committing a crime with a gun. Armed robbery, mass shootings and other gun crimes are very intense, often premeditated, wholly unpredictable activities; I don’t believe a sign is a reasonable deterrent. What is reasonable is having the ability to protect myself should such a horrible thing occur. The signs, in effect, only bar law-abiding citizens from entering the stores. That does not seem to make sense. I would ask that some further thought be placed into using signs against your law-abiding patrons. The Uptown New Orleans location does not have these signs and neither do many other Whole Foods in South Louisiana. I will be shopping at the uptown location for that reason.

Thank you for your consideration.

I sent basically the same email before with no response from the Metairie location team leadership. I'll try again.

Here is the Metairie store contact info. Please write them:

http://wholefoodsmarket.com/storesbeta/metairie/

Last edited:

Snookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Lizzard Creek/ Springfield,La.
    Thats It!!!

NO MORE, Veggie Sticks, Sea Salt and Toofoo from me!!!!

WF you sons of buscuit eathers can keep your healty crap!

It's boudin and cracklins from now on!!!

cracklins.jpg
    cracklins.jpg

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    BOOODAANNNN.............. EwwwHawwwwwwwwww

No guns no me

Kiss my hillbilly ass Hole Foods

Top Bottom