free floating handgaurd

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LSUTIGER07

AR15
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    baton rouge
    i have a mp15 moe edition and i have the 7" moe hand guard on there now and it moves around alot and i am looking to get a free floating one and my first question is will this one fit on my gun. and also how did you like it? pros cons

dockbox

Lead Farmer
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    New Orleans
    The 7 inch will fit on your gun but you will have to remove the delta ring, spring and clip, exposing the barrel nut. This rail bolts directly to the factory Barrel Nut There are 2 ways to do this:1) Get a receiver wrench and remove the barrel and slide off the unneeded parts. or 2) Use a dremel tool and CAREFULLY cut off the parts.

Also you need to remove the handguard cap. To remove, either: 1)Remove the gas block OR 2) Use a dremel tool and CAREFULLY remove the part

The Troy MRF is a good rail it is easy to install, however, if you are going to disassemble the Barrel assembly, rather than cut the parts away, you have a lot more options that are more rigid and lock up tighter. Also you could go with a low profile gas block and longer rail. If you are just going to cut everything away, the try rail works great!

Top Bottom