Amazing Auction for St. Jude's

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I came across this article this morning and thought it was pretty cool what both Richard Heinie and Bufford1911's did to raise money for the children of St. Jude's Hospital.

This is from pistol-training

What would you do if you paid a small fortune to win an auction for a one of a kind custom Heinie 1911? One in which all the money raised was given to St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital?

Would you turn around and auction it again, committing to give all of the proceeds to St. Jude’s again?

Well, that’s exactly what “bufords1911s” has done over at Gun Broker. He bought the pistol at auction and now, selflessly, is putting it up for grabs to raise even more money for this incredibly worthy charity.

Current bid is $7,500. Heck, you’d be hard pressed to put your hands on a NIB Heinie 1911 for that to begin with!

And tell you what… if a pistol-training.com reader bids on and wins the pistol, we’ll give you a certificate for a free slot at any pistol-training.com class of your choice, too!

Bidding ends on Monday. Good luck and thank you for supporting St. Jude’s!

This is from the Auction at Gunbroker

I was the winning bidder on this pistol and I was the Happiest man on this Planet when I won. I had a Heinie Commemrative Pistol and had helped the children at St. Jude's Children's Hospital all in one. Richard and Marilyn Heinie are the salt of the Earth for what they are doing to help St. Jude's. There kind act on this Pistol inspired me to not only purchase it, but to keep it 30 days, then list it again and give that money to St. Jude's also! My Admiration for Richard Heinie and his skills as a World Famous Pistolsmith run long and deep. The pistols he has made, the inventions and innovative idea's he has contributed to the Pistol world in general are well recognized. The winning bidder will make a Cashier's check out to St. Jude's Children's Hospital-not me! Send it to me only. Let us all stand up and take a bow to Mr. and Mrs. Heinie for everything they have accomplished for themselves, the world and the Children. God Bless this Great Country of ours and let us all remember how Fortunate we are to live in this Blessed Country. Good luck to you all, I have recieved tremendous joy for the last 30 days holding, pointing and wiping this Beautiful 1911 off, taking pictures with my Friends, etc. It is a work of Art made by the Master himself!! Serial # is STJ 2010. Good Luck!

This are the Specs on the Custom 1911

Frame to slide fit, Kart barrel, Thick bushing w/Heinie logo spring plug, Heinie Straight Eight sights, Top of slide serrated 40LPI, Ball cut radius on slide, Beavertail grip safety, Front strap checkered 20LPI, Flat mainspring housing checkered 20LPI, Beveled mag well, Heinie lightweight trigger, Single side extended thumb safety, Cylinder and slide hammer, sear and disconnector, 2 Sets Ajax ivory style grips, 1 Set Scrimshaw engraved "Heinie Logo" and one set plain as shown in photos, Engraved hex head screws, Blue finish all built on a Springfield Armory 5" Government Model 45 ACP. The pistol was donated by Springfield Armory www.springfield-armory.com Grips Scrimshaw engraved by Kurtz Miller, Eureka Springs, Arkansas Slide machining and finish by MD Custom Machine www.mdcustommachine.com.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Top Bottom