WTS - S&W SW99 9mm $300

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chibajoe

Pratertium terminus est
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 29, 2007
    New Orleans
    sw99.jpg

I hate to do this, but I've just been told that my house renovation is going to cost 20K more than what we initially expected, so the guns have got to go. :wtc:

SW99AS (DA/SA) Gun is used but in VGC. It's very similar to the M&P ergos but with a DA/SA trigger. The DA is a bit long and heavy for my tastes, but the SA trigger is excellent; next to the 1911s, it's the best SA trigger of any of the guns I own. Comes with case and two 10rnd mags.

chibajoe

Pratertium terminus est
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 29, 2007
    New Orleans
    What the dimensions on this? Would you recommend this as a good reliable concealed weapon?

Did you check out my review of CCW pistols? The SW99 is almost exactly the same size as the M&P, but a little lighter. I have not shot this gun, so can't say whether it's reliable or not, but considering that it is basically the same gun as a Walther P99, I'm willing to bet it will not have any problems. As far as a CCW is concerned, I think it's pretty close to the ideal weapon for that purpose, except for the fact that it only holds 10+1 rounds. The M&P manages to hold 12+1 and is almost the same size, and the XDsc holds 13+1 and is only a little bigger (although it feels a lot larger). I will be putting a couple hundred rounds through the SW99 this weekend, so I'll be able to give a definitive answer to the reliability question afterwards. :)

chibajoe

Pratertium terminus est
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 29, 2007
    New Orleans
    Well, I managed to get to the range and put 60 rounds through this pistol with not a single problem. Two mags were done back to back rapid fire, and I purposely limp wrist a mag, but the SW99 didn't miss a beat. Aimed head shots at 15 yards was easy, and even when I was blasting away I could keep all the shots in the upper half of the silhouette.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rmsize
    Top Bottom