How a 1911 Works

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Wow I see they left out the part where the lesser known 5th rider of the Apocalypse comes roaring out of the barrel and smites the target of God's own wrath with Thor's Hammer causing not only the target but everybody with evil in their hearts who had seen that target to disappear in a shower of sparks...Man I hope that wasn't supposed to be a secret.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    you can't figure out the simple joy of the revolver... you must not be hard to confuse.

I guess it's just me ..........but "simple joy of the revolver" sounds about as gay as some of the P7 threads I've seen here lately.

I have never considered handgun self defense to be "joyful" .............except when I open-carry.

And yes, I am easy to confuse. I mistook my first wife for a sweet, kind, considerate, warm, loving, tender, devoted, caring female. Fortunately, I was correct on at least one count.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    P7 threads? When? Where? Why wasn't I told?????

BTW... I've been meaning to speak with you about this this obsession you have regarding homophobia.

It began with dislike, disapproval and simple precautions designed to avoid the practitioners.

Then came the red range bags...............

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    What can I say? It was the only color Waller had in stock at the time.

At least, I don't have a cap pistol disguised as a 9mm...

Actually, it's a 9mm disguised as a cap pistol.

p.s. I presume you realize that 2/3 of the people on this forum will have no idea what a cap pistol is. Most will think it refers to "bustin' a cap in yo ass."

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    I have been giving some thought to that concept. The more I think about it, the more I like it.

BTW, Paul was right; the #3 holster does have the stitching farther down and thus would be more suitable. I have a old one lying un-used if you want to try it out before spending large on one...:D

Eggsually ..... mine was supposed to be a #3. Turns out it was a #4 that came in a #3 plastic bag. I went back and exchanged it and now have a #3.

I also ordered one of the new Nemesis holsters with the "extra tacky" outer finish. Supposed to stay in the pocket better. Probably wasted another $9.95

$600 is a lot of $$ for a pocket 9mm. But the Rhorbaugh is close to double that. And nothing else really appears to be as reliable.......hard to put a price tag on a "save my ass" weapon. This one sure makes it easy to carry 14 rounds (incl.the tiny spare mag) of +p+ in your pocket.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Actually, it's a 9mm disguised as a cap pistol.

p.s. I presume you realize that 2/3 of the people on this forum will have no idea what a cap pistol is. Most will think it refers to "bustin' a cap in yo ass."

Who doesn't know what a cap pistol is?! I'm 24 and even we used to play with them when we were kids....:D

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Must have hurt to part with that $9.95, eh? I feel your pain...

Hey.........70 or 80 of those things cost as much as a new pistol. Not an HK, but still a new pistol.

dawg23 added 1 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

I hope yours (and Paul's "friend's") turn out that way... reliable, that is. Personally, I've heard/read far too many complaints to be willing to roll the dice with that much scratch on the off-chance of getting a "good" one.

You can have problems with anything.

Heck, Pangris says his STI is a liability.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LazrBeam
    Top Bottom