Before & after spread test

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ridgebacks

316 below zero
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Keep in mind this is probably the hardest test for someone who is trying to show the benefits of cryogenic processing. This test was conducted with a Rem 870 18 in barrel and using 9 pellet 00 buck. The test was done using the same shotgun the same ammo and batch of ammo at the same distance (25yd). The first two targets are before processing and the seccond two are after processing. This test was also witnessed by a number of LEOs. I think that the difference is obvious even though bird shot and a longer barrel would have produced a better and more obvious result. Anyone who shoots 00 buck out of short barrels knows that it is very hard to get consistent results. This is one reason I wanted to test this and try to improve the short barreled shotguns.

I have circled each of the 9 pellets because they are not very noticeable in the pic.

BEFORE CRYO #1

BEFORE CRYO #2

AFTER CRYO #1

AFTER CRYO #2

2ridgebacks

316 below zero
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I sooner or later will get the Wadlock barrel the 1100 I processed smoked in the last pattern test. Then we will get a good before and after patterns on a long barrel and bird shot. Benelli does not do this for nothing. And after the 45/70 groups came out from a 3in before processing and 3/4in after I hope that everyone is confident in the benefits of cryogenic processing firearms. Everyone who has processed their firearms with me have been very happy with the results both in accuracy and the smoothing of actions. It will take more time to see the longevity benefits but they will come as well.
    David

info@cajuncryogenics.com
    www.cajuncryogenics.com

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I witnessed this 870 being fired before and after David's treatment and agree it was a big improvement. Stay tuned for more good results.

2ridgebacks

316 below zero
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I charge $50 for pistols $75 for long guns, $100 for AR's and AK's and other tactical type firearms that are more complex.

AR's get additional benefits because they are almost entirely made of either steel or aluminum so the whole gun gets processed and improved. After processing your gun will last much longer including the springs and rifling, the gun will no longer loose accuracy after heating up (no more walking), it likely will be more accurate, it will be less likely to corrode due to the smoothing of the metals surface, carbon and powder will be less likely to build up in the gun, the gun will be stronger, residual stress is relieved, and the gun will be easier to clean.

Email info@cajuncryogenics.com
    Website www.cajuncryogenics.com

Last edited:

Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    I didn't see this in the OP (but perhaps I missed it), but what range was this shot at? 25yd? And what choke? I have 2 18" shotguns, one with fixed cylinder choke, and another with fixed improved cylinder.

2ridgebacks

316 below zero
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I didn't see this in the OP (but perhaps I missed it), but what range was this shot at? 25yd? And what choke? I have 2 18" shotguns, one with fixed cylinder choke, and another with fixed improved cylinder.

Yes the target was 25yds/75ft away from shooter and the barrel was 18in fixed cylinder bore.
    David
    website www.cajuncryogenics.com
    Email info@cajuncryogenics.com

headshot

Mentally Hilarious
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Gonzales LA
    What style guns (rifle, shotgun, pistol) benifet the most from an accuracy standpoint?

Also, I am intrested in trying this process out on one of my rifles. I've narrowed it down to a rem. 700 sps 300wsm, or an H&R 45-70. The 300 is parkerized; how would it effect the finish?

2ridgebacks

316 below zero
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    What style guns (rifle, shotgun, pistol) benifet the most from an accuracy standpoint?

Also, I am intrested in trying this process out on one of my rifles. I've narrowed it down to a rem. 700 sps 300wsm, or an H&R 45-70. The 300 is parkerized; how would it effect the finish?

I would say Rifles benefit most but it is probably because they are the easiest to notice the increase in accuracy. It is harder to notice a accuracy benefit in pistols or even shotguns. Accuracy is increased relative to the amount of residual stress removed by the process and the amount of reduction in vibrations. This can differ from barrel to barrel so it is hard to say which gun would benefit the most. I would say to process the gun that has the larger groups. The wsm may benefit from a reduction in throat erosion also because of its high velocity. Blued guns finish will get deeper and improve but other finishes like parkerized will not change. I hope this has helped, either of them would benefit so I think you would be happy either way. Feel free to ask anything else
    David

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I would be interested to see before and after results from an AK. I could be wrong because I don't own one but I thought one of the main reasons for their innacuracy was the flexing and vibrations when fired. If this process hardens the steel further it should help right?

2ridgebacks

316 below zero
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I would be interested to see before and after results from an AK. I could be wrong because I don't own one but I thought one of the main reasons for their innacuracy was the flexing and vibrations when fired. If this process hardens the steel further it should help right?

Well, it won't harden it but it will help to lesson vibrations. I am sure there is some residual stresses in the barrel so i bet it would do well and i would also would like to see a test. I just have not processed an AK that had some groups shot before hand but, I will look in to doing just that. Especially because it is not made to high standards I think it may benefit more than others

Top Bottom