****GONE****Savage 260 remington, B&C stock

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    Savage model 10 action, 18" McGowen Stainless steel barrel in 260 remington, Bell&Carlson Duramax stock. I also have a single shot follower to go with this.

Action is duracoated black, but could use another paint job. The barrel has a rub mark on it, I tried to get it in one of the pictures but Im not a photographer.

Got the action in a trade a while ago, wanted a 260 remington, but since I got my new 308 I dont really want load another caliber. Im new to reloading and think 308 and 223 is enough.

I have not shot this rifle since putting it together, I dont know how many rounds the action has seen. The barrel and stock have zero rounds and are brand new.

Price= $600 ****GONE****

SDC10060.jpg

SDC10059.jpg

SDC10055.jpg

SDC10053.jpg

SDC10052.jpg

Last edited:

idunno

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2007
    Prairieville, LA
    That looks like a sweet lil gun... Would probably make a great youth rifle with the short barrel if you shortened the LOP. Wish I could get that, cuz I'd jump all over it.

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    Its a non accutrigger with a sharp shooter supply trigger.

Also comes with the base thats on it. I dont know what type it is, it looks similar to an EGW though.

Last edited:

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    The length of pull should be 13.5", it worked for my 5ft tall gf, I just dont think she would enjoy the 260 as much as a 22.

duccawlr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    You said you have not shot the gun since putting it together...then that a gunsmith had it. Did you build the gun? It looks sweet. I would be interested in knowing how it shot. I am looking to build something similar in a Rem action but who knows...if yours shoots good.......

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    I built the gun, the part about the gunsmith was that he had the barrel and didnt need it. Savage rifles are very easy to build/headspace/modify. If a person wanted to they could order a 308 barrel and swap it out in about 10 minutes depending on how they felt that day.

The barrel has 0 rounds through it, I dont know about the action. The barrel is also a 1-8 twist barrel, should be perfect for the 139gr lapua scenar or the 142gr smk.

I am tempted to see how it shoots also. If it sits any longer Im ordering some black hills ammo and shooting it.

Last edited:

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    PMs returned and Nick, the stock you have was attached to the action at one time. I think you saw this barreled action before. I finally just ordered a stock and put it together.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom