*SOLD* FS: used M&P9c, 4 mags, $425 *SOLD*

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

MrLefty

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    This is the compact M&P in 9mm; sizewise, it's in between the Glock 19 and 26. Mags hold 12 rounds.

I purchased this new, but a good bit of the finish on the slide is discolored, presumably from being handled since it was the display model (it was the last one in stock). No rust or issues rusting in my time carrying it, just a discoloration. I couldn't really tell until I got it in the sunlight. I've tried to get a couple pics of it, and had to get directly in the sunlight for it to show up in the pictures.

Otherwise, it's been great. It has 473 rounds through it, with only one FTE during that time.

Basically, I've been pondering selling it because I shoot my Glocks better (the opposite is true for a lot of people), and I need some extra holiday cash, so now is the time.

It will come with 4 mags (2 with pinky extensions, 2 without), the case, 3 interchangeable backstraps, papers, etc.

I do have some extras that I will sell individually if the buyer isn't interested, but are not included in this price (2 full-size 17 round mags, 2 X-grip magazine adapters that allow the full-sized mags to be used in the compact, a brand new Apex Tactical sear, and a left-handed horsehide Crossbreed Supertuck holster with the combat cut).

I'm asking $425 cash for the M&P9c and all the included factory items and 4 mags total.

No trades please.

FTF in the Gonzales, EBR area.

Non-notarized bill of sale required.

Any questions or comments, feel free to add them to this thread, PM me, or email me at Lefty12681@yahoo.com.

Thanks for looking!

MP1.jpg

MP2.jpg

MPslide1.jpg

MPslide2.jpg

Last edited:

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Great little gun, not to put yours down, but by the look of the pics, it looks like surface rust. Could be a great canidate to send to DMH for his plating...

Last edited:

MrLefty

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    Great little gun, not to put yours down, but by the look of the pics, it looks like surface rust. Could be a great canidate to send to DMH for his plating...

That's what I thought at first, but as far as I can tell, it's not rust. The finish seems to be permanently discolored though.

You can send it to S&W free of charge and they will make it right.

I contacted them after I bought it, but they said it would not be covered if it was fingerprint damage, only a factory issue/defect (which I don't think it is). So I decided not to worry about it, and it's never rusted, even with me carrying it in the summer.

Of course, if I can sell it, it won't be an issue for me anymore. Perhaps someone would want to buy it and refinish it in something more durable. :D

MrLefty

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    HOw much in a hurry are you to sell this???????

I will be back on dry land December 2nd, and I can make the drive on the 3rd for it

Are you saying that you definitely want it, and want me to hold it for you until then? If so, I can live with that.

good deal, perfect for someone to send off to robar for some NP3.

Man, that Robar'd M&P looks great. I considered doing that or something similar after seeing the pics of yours. Maybe I'll end up doing one of my Glocks like that instead.

Last edited:

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    10-4, sounds like a mighty fine thing for you to do :)

Please send me a PM with your contact info so we can discuss whats the best time to meet on Friday or the weekend whatever works best for you.

ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie

MrLefty

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    10-4, sounds like a mighty fine thing for you to do :)

Please send me a PM with your contact info so we can discuss whats the best time to meet on Friday or the weekend whatever works best for you.

Good deal, will do. I'll be working that Friday (December 3rd) from 3:30 pm to midnight, but I'm off that weekend (the 4th and 5th).

Yeah, that's the thread where I initially saw those pictures. That thing is sweet!

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    Whoever gets this pistol, I have own 2 and am a member on the M&P members board, S&W did release a batch of sub par stainless steel in the early batches, this is not finger print rust, it is a factory defect, plain and simple, if you send it back, you will get it back within 2 weeks with a new slide, no questions asked, the patterns on yours are consistent with the defect, there are runs and drips marks into the finish, also if fingerprints was an issue, why is there no rusting to the other metal parts ??

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Whoever gets this pistol, I have own 2 and am a member on the M&P members board, S&W did release a batch of sub par stainless steel in the early batches, this is not finger print rust, it is a factory defect, plain and simple, if you send it back, you will get it back within 2 weeks with a new slide, no questions asked, the patterns on yours are consistent with the defect, there are runs and drips marks into the finish, also if fingerprints was an issue, why is there no rusting to the other metal parts ??

Thanks for the info buddy I sure will

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA

This. I carry the same pistol daily in harsh conditions and I have zero rust on the slide. Definitely a factory defect and S&W will take care of it.

Nice pick up Guate!

MrLefty

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    Good info guys, thanks!

I was aware of the rusting issue, but the pictures that I've seen of the rust-affected M&Ps were much worse than this, and didn't look anything like mine.

Honestly, this doesn't even look like surface rust to me. If you're not in direct sunlight with it, it's not even that noticeable. The surface is still smooth, and no amount of scrubbing with oil makes any difference, so I chalked it up as a discoloration.

You guys may be more knowledgeable than me on this, though, so I appreciate it.

ETA: Also, I thought the bad batch was a couple years ago. Mine has a test fire casing dated 8-27-2009.

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom