**SOLD** WTS/WTT 1874 Sharps Replica 45-70

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

OF1937

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Sell or trade 1874 Sharps replica single shot 45-70 caliber. Classic Sharps falling block lever action. Hexagonal barrel, set triggers, nice walnut stocks, and case hardened frame. Great shape. $500 or trade. Not looking for anything specific in trade. Face to face in the Lafayette area please.

Note: I ran across a set of sights that I got when I acquired the rifle. The front sight is a Globe sight with inserts. The rear sight is a tang mounted sight with the eyepiece screw part broken. You can buy the eyepeice seperatly, unless there is a way to repair it. The eyepiece will need to be REPLACED or REPAIRED.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

OF1937

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Kevin, From what I got from the original owner it was imported by Cape Outfitters which is still in business; but no longer offers weapons. From what I can find out it was likely made by Armi or Pedersoli; but that is not for sure.
    Bob

OF1937

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Sile was a distributor, not a manufacturer. There were (are) several distributors of these replica weapons. Many were made by Italian manufacturers according to information I gleaned from my investigations; but I certainly am no expert. At any rate the rifle appears to be very well made.
    Bob

Cleburne

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Thibodaux
    Sile was a distributor, not a manufacturer. There were (are) several distributors of these replica weapons. Many were made by Italian manufacturers according to information I gleaned from my investigations; but I certainly am no expert. At any rate the rifle appears to be very well made.
    Bob

I stand corrected. I've always seen them advertised as IAB Sile. IAB would be the Italian manufacturer, Sile the distributor. Can't swear to it just from the photos, but I feel pretty certain. Their lines are a bit different from a Pedersoli Sharps of the same model.

Cleburne

OF1937

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Kevin, You hit on the same info that I did. With so many features being the same, and virtually none of them with complete information stamped on the weapon, it is very hard to come up with the exact manufacturer.
    Bob

OF1937

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Note: I added a set of sights that I got when I acquired the rifle. The tang mounted sight will need the eyepiece replaced or repaired.
    Bob

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom