SOLD: Millett Tactical TRS-1 4-16x50mm scope -$275 w/rings, $250 w/o

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.

$275 with rings, unmounted (pictured Warne Maxima 30mm medium rings), $250 without rings. FTF in New Iberia/Lafayette area or delivery may be possible at area matches.Or can ship via USPS Priority for an extra $15.The scope is also being advertised on other forums.

•SPF to yamarider450•

NOTE: Delivery is possible this Friday (12/17) mid- to late afternoon along I-10/I-12 between Lafayette and Covington. Also Sunday, 12/19 at EAPS match in Gonzales.

Latest generation (2009 model) in excellent condition, subtle (front) to nearly non-existent (rear) ring marks. One tiny paint chip (touched up) on top bell from stray brass. With shade, cover, box, allen wrench, OEM flip up caps and Butler Creek rear eyepiece cap.

Excellent performer: a value optic overachiever that would be nearly impossible to top for the price, IMO. That's why I bought it and it worked great on two rifles of mine, including use at 600 yards. Replaced it with a higher priced optic with FFP: ought to hold onto it, but don't have a rifle that still needs glass.

Features
    • 4x16 power with large zoom ring
    • 50mm multi-coated objective lens
    • Side focus knob for 10 yards to infinity
    • Reticle: Mil-dot and hash w/ green illumination (illuminated control knob is at 45 degrees to allow unobstructed viewing of elevation setting)
    • Large easy-to-use controls, all face rear for ease of checking from the shooter's position.
    • Turret locking rings: tactical turrets marked for come ups and easy return to zero
    • Quick focus knob for cross hair focus
    • Glass-etched reticle
    • 30mm tube, nitrogen filled
    • Adjustment click value: 1/4 MOA
    • 90 MOA adjustment range

Check out the reviews on MidwayUSA: http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=740823.

Here's a good photo of the reticle a reviewer posted:

Last edited:

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Free bump on an awesome scope for the price, I have one on a savage 223 ad 300yard shots with it come easy, great quality optic IMO.

Great seller as well, if it wasn't Xmas time I would throw you an offer brother but kidos want presents if available after holidays I will jump in it since I need a scope for my newest 24" AR

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    Is this FFP?

No. You have to nearly double this price to reach the budget optic overachiever price range on a new scope with FFP.

The mil dots are set for 3.6 in. at 10x. That becomes 3 inches at 12x and 2.5 at 16x. Hash marks located are halfway between each mil dot (1.8 in. at 10x, 1.5 inches at 12x and 1.75 inches at 16x).

Last edited:

goteron

Unity Tactical
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    Do you have any higher rings available? I would mount this on a .22 Bolt action, and I need higher rings to clear the bolt knob when mounting the PVS-14

Any interest in trades? See my post in this section if you are.

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    Do you have any higher rings available? I would mount this on a .22 Bolt action, and I need higher rings to clear the bolt knob when mounting the PVS-14

Any interest in trades? See my post in this section if you are.

These are the only spare rings I have. I used them with the scope on my Weatherby Vanguard. These rings are .375 inches from top of your mounting base to bottom of the scope mount.

I'll take a look but I'm not really in need of anything except maybe .40 Montana Gold 180 gr. JHP, Sierra 175 gr. SMKs or Zero 9mm 147 gr. JHPs. Somehow I'm always needing more of these items, for some reason. :D

Last edited:

goteron

Unity Tactical
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    Thanks, I think those are too short. I am interested. I work in Youngsville. PM out shortly.

Veryify this is the 1/4 MOA adjustment and not .1 mil...

Last edited:

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    Thanks, I think those are too short. I am interested. I work in Youngsville. PM out shortly.

Veryify this is the 1/4 MOA adjustment and not .1 mil...

Yes, this is the latest model with the 1/4 MOA adjustments.

PM replied to.

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812
    Top Bottom