Wanted: Rifle Scope

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    I am on the market for a hunting rifle scope. Not really looking for a tactical scope. Would prefer a BDC reticle, but let me know what you have.

(Looking for something along the lines of a Nikon Buckmaster or Leupold Var I or II)

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    I am on the market for a hunting rifle scope. Not really looking for a tactical scope. Would prefer a BDC reticle, but let me know what you have.

(Looking for something along the lines of a Nikon Buckmaster or Leupold Var I or II)

Just giving you a heads up, but a BDC reticle will do you no good unless it's specifically for the load being shot out of your rifle. A BDC reticle for a 90gr. Sierra Game King out of a .243 22" barrel won't be even close to a 180gr. Nosler Partition out of a 24" .30-06. Listing your caliber will be a start but it's all relative on how accurate you want it to be.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I have a nikon prostaff 3x9x50 for $80
    And a cabelas 3x9x40. The one designed for lever actions. But you can use it on anything. $50
    Also I am offshore till later next week, but let me know if you are interested.

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    Just giving you a heads up, but a BDC reticle will do you no good unless it's specifically for the load being shot out of your rifle. A BDC reticle for a 90gr. Sierra Game King out of a .243 22" barrel won't be even close to a 180gr. Nosler Partition out of a 24" .30-06. Listing your caliber will be a start but it's all relative on how accurate you want it to be.

All true, but even if the tick marks aren't right on I have always found them to be a really good reference for bullet drop (with a little practice). I have another gun and half way between the first and second drop mark is dead on at 200 yards.

Like they say. "For Reference Only"

BTW - This is for a 7mm Mag

Last edited:

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Or buy a scope with a "grid" either Mil or MOA based and use it. You can find out where on the "grid" to hold using a ballistics program. All you need to know is the bullet and the velocity.

That works for any caliber .22lr to 50BMG.

Last edited:

Danable

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    All true, but even if the tick marks aren't right on I have always found them to be a really good reference for bullet drop (with a little practice). I have another gun and half way between the first and second drop mark is dead on at 200 yards.

Like they say. "For Reference Only"

BTW - This is for a 7mm Mag

I've found this to be very true also. While it may not be perfect, with some practice on the same load I have been able to know where a certain load will hit in my scope reticle.

I just got a redfield 2-7 with the accu range reticle from jims for $199. Midway I just found has the exact same scope for 139.99. Its been great so far and is covered under the Leupold lifetime warranty

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom