Need help scouring Wal-Marts for toy planes

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    If any of you are in Wal-Mart anytime soon, take a look on the toy aisle containing diecast aircraft and cars, and see if they have any Maisto "Tailwinds" aircraft, particularly those from WWII.
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_i_0?rh=k:maisto%20tailwinds,i:toys-and-games"]See this link[/ame] for (overpriced) examples. They sell at Wal-Mart for $3.00, but are 50% off now that Christmas is over.

We already have (or don't need):

B-24 Liberator
    Japanese Zero
    Me-262
    F-4J Phantom
    F-104 Starfighter
    P-61 Black Widow
    Predator UAV
    Eurofighter
    B-1B Lancer
    B-2 Spirit
    F-16 Falcon (Thank you Leonidas!)
    B-52 Stratofortress (Thank you Leonidas!)
    F-14 Tomcat (Thanks kcinnick!)
    UH-60 Blackhawk helicopter (Thanks kcinnick!)

If you see ANY other model airplane in the Maisto Tailwinds series, please call me on my cell at five oh four, four five three, four one nine two and let me know what you found. Chances are I'll ask you to get it for me; I'll arrange to pick it up or pay for shipping, etc.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

03GeeTee

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I used to collect all of those maisto planes. I didn't know they were still around. I had all of those planes you listed and much more.

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    Thanks guys!

The only time I may miss your call would be if I'm in church. Should that happen, leave me a message and I'll call you back shortly.

Church is done, so I'll be available.

Last edited:

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Hey, picked up the F-16 and EF-2000 Eurofighter.

The Wal-Mart on the other side of town has 40 in stock, so I'll head over there after the game.

FIY, the stock person said they are deleted items here. Meaning no more coming in.

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    Hey, picked up the F-16 and EF-2000 Eurofighter.

The Wal-Mart on the other side of town has 40 in stock, so I'll head over there after the game.

FIY, the stock person said they are deleted items here. Meaning no more coming in.
    Thank you! He'll love the F-16.

One note: The planes listed in my original post are the ones we already have. Therefore the Eurofighter is a duplicate. No problem though - if you're going to another Wal-Mart, just swap it or get a refund. Should that prove difficult, I'll take it anyway.

I'm guessing these were half-price?

BY THE WAY FOLKS - DON'T GO OUT OF YOUR WAY FOR THIS! JUST IF YOU HAPPEN TO BE GOING TO WALLY WORLD ANYWAY, A QUICK LOOK WILL BE APPRECIATED.

THANKS AGAIN!

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    Yep 1.50. I'll swap it out. Was moving pretty fast and was only scanning the list for EF-2000, hence my error.
    No problem! If it's any trouble, I'll just take it anyway.

BTW, I just now saw your voice message on my phone. Sorry about that! While I was in church at the time you called, my phone never even rang. It just went straight to voice mail without so much as a beep.

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    Thank you everyone for keeping your eyes open!

We went ourselves to the Wal-Marts in Walker, Denham Springs, Central, Baker, and Zachary. Many thanks to Leonidas, for the F-16 and B-52 he picked up, and to kcinnick, from whom we scored an F-14 Tomcat and a UH-60 Blackhawk helicopter.

Kcinnick also pointed out that the UPC codes on the ones we want ALL end in 15061, regardless of the aircraft itself. These are the $1.50 closeout specials. They say ""Fresh Metal" Tailwinds on the package, which has a gray/blue background:

It turns out that Maisto has come out with new packaging, and calls them "Adventure Wheels" Tailwinds. We saw some of these in the stores we visited. The toys themselves are EXACTLY the same! Except, of course, that they are $3.00. The new packaging is orange and yellow:

The "Fresh Metal" series (top) are the ones we're after.

I updated my original post to reflect the ones we now have, thanks to our fellow BSC members.

All you guys and girls rock! Keep them coming if you see them!

NOTE: If you should happen to spot a Grumman F6 Hellcat fighter, please get it even if it's $3.00. That's the one he wants most of all.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom