500lbs of gun safe

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I've found this method to be easiest. Though, I use metal pipe and laid down plywood on the floor to protect it. Left mine standing up straight when I rolled it.

Whenever I set up rolling scaffold on wood floors, I do the same. The plywood not only protects against scratches/gouges, it, too, spreads the load. Overall cheap precaution.

ReSpEcT

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    It depends on what you want the safe for. For instance, do u want Fire protection, do you want Burglar protection, or do you want both. IMO when it comes to a gun safe, i'd prefer have both protections. I dont want someone breaking in my house and stealing my guns and I dont want my house to catch on fire and have my guns burn up inside the safe like they are roasting in a oven. Now with that being said, I'd go with a BF rated safe (Burglar and Fire). This way you can cover just about anything that may happen. But keep in mind when you shop for a safe that does both, u also are upping the price.

As for manufacturers, there are several name brands that I personally like. American Security (Amsec), Hollon Safes (these are a newer company and have great products for the money), also I like Liberty Safes. IMO, if I was trying to save money and buy a descent safe, I'd go with a Hollon Safe. I have personally dealt with these safes and I feel they are made just as good as any of the name brand ones. I have a shipment of these that I am currently waiting on to display at my store. I also like these because they stand by their products and have great customer service. Much like American Security, this company also doesnt give you a run around when you need something replaced. I've dealt with them on several occasions for customers and have yet to be given the run around.

If you have the money laying around and you want something that can be handed to your great grand kids and probably withstand any damn Tornado or Hurricane that comes around. I'd look into getting one of the American Security safes. These are backed by a lifetime warranty on the whole damn safe. If anything ever happens and needs replacing (they send me to fix it, and its free). You can find plenty of info for them online and get an idea of what im talking about........I've seen them build these safes over in California (yes made in America), and these things are welded under water. They have their own patent pending fire proofing material they is also poured through out the safe (similar to concrete but not exact).........My opinions of course.

ALWAYS buy something a little bigger than you "think" you may need. It never fails that you discover its not quiet big enough, lol. Ive had several customers end up doing this. And now days I always tell everyone to shop for something a little bigger than they expect.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom