SOLD WTS: Romanian SAR-2

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bill

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 30, 2007
    Carriere, MS
    WTS: Romanian SAR-2 & INTERARMS AUSA WZ-88 Tantal

Romanian CUGIR SAR-2 / 5.45x39 / Dated 2002
    Less than 300 rounds fired (WOLF). Choice of 2) E.German Bakelite or 2) Polish metal magazines. Sling.

SOLD

INTERARMS AUSA / WZ-88 Tantal / 5.45x39 / Side Folder
    Less than 100 rounds fired (WOLF). Choice of 2) E.German Bakelite or 2) Polish metal magazines.

SOLD

FTF in Slidell and surrounding area.

Bill (985) 707-4971

I have around 3500 rounds of WOLF ammo that will be offered to buyer of either rifle at a good price. The rest will be posted in the ammo section after rifles are gone.

(Bayonet in picture not included with either rifle as I have no idea where it is.)
    352449366.jpg

Last edited:

Bill

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 30, 2007
    Carriere, MS
    Which of these is the "better" rifle and why? I am looking to maybe get another but I am not very familiarvwithbthe different "brands."

I think they're equal as far as accuracy. I only shot these at the 100 yard steel plates at Honey Island. Hit every time when I did my part.

Just depends on you liking the wood stock gun or the side folder/flash suppressor/bayonet lug on the Tantal.

Bill

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 30, 2007
    Carriere, MS
    Are these the same or better than the supposedly lesser quality WASR's?

The SAR rifles were made before the WASR's.

They SAR's were made to take high capacity magazines. The WASR's come in as 10 rd guns and are modified by Century to take high capacity magazines.

The wood and finish was better on the SAR's.

They both function the same. Some of the WASR's magazines wobbled a bit depending on how much metal was machined from the mag well when it was converted.

If you look at the receiver above the mag well, the SAR's are dimpled like a regular AK and the WASR's are flat (no dimples).

I sold hundreds of the SAR's and WASR's at my shops and never had problems with either.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    The SAR rifles were made before the WASR's.

They SAR's were made to take high capacity magazines. The WASR's come in as 10 rd guns and are modified by Century to take high capacity magazines.

The wood and finish was better on the SAR's.

They both function the same. Some of the WASR's magazines wobbled a bit depending on how much metal was machined from the mag well when it was converted.

If you look at the receiver above the mag well, the SAR's are dimpled like a regular AK and the WASR's are flat (no dimples).

I sold hundreds of the SAR's and WASR's at my shops and never had problems with either.

I think the SAR rifles were imported at the same time as the WASR rifles. I'm basing that on the book "The Grim Reaper" which says that both were brought in from 1999-2004. A Google search seems to back that up. After they were imported Century replaced five parts to make them 922r compliant. This appears to be the three piece FCG, pistol grip and gas piston.

IMO the SAR rifles have much better furniture and having the correct receiver dimples makes them more desirable. I would prefer a SAR over a WASR.

Bill

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 30, 2007
    Carriere, MS
    I think the SAR rifles were imported at the same time as the WASR rifles. I'm basing that on the book "The Grim Reaper" which says that both were brought in from 1999-2004. A Google search seems to back that up. After they were imported Century replaced five parts to make them 922r compliant. This appears to be the three piece FCG, pistol grip and gas piston.

IMO the SAR rifles have much better furniture and having the correct receiver dimples makes them more desirable. I would prefer a SAR over a WASR.

My comment was based on the supply chain I experienced when I open my gun shop. SAR's were the only ones available to me, then SAR's and WASR's overlapped for a while. When the SAR's dried up it was only WASR's. They may have been imported at the same time. I guess the sales reps pushed the SAR's more because they were more expensive at the time.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1bullseyebum
    Top Bottom