GONE: WTT / WTS Converted Sig 556 SCM

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

alex

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jun 20, 2007
    Frisco, TX & Frequently in BR
    So I'm a bit weird to do this, and I may back out but I figured why not post this up and let it run.

I just recently purchased this rifle and will be shooting it for the first time on Friday (2/11).To say I've put some love into this thing would be somewhat of an understatement. When purchased, the rifle was still in it's factory white grease and VERY dirty. The rear pin retention spring was also missing.

I swapped out the A2 fixed stock with a RRA commercial tube and Magpul MOA stock.

The front receiver screw pin was replaced with a quick release pin.

The "fish gill" handguards have been replaced with 551 "classic" style handguards.

The cheapo Sig holo-sight came with the rifle and that is what I'll attempt to sight it in with.

Everything received a thorough cleaning and the bore is very shiny. Only slight scuffs here and there--most notably the chips due to shell ejections.

The L5 mag may come with the deal if necessary for a good trade/sale. Rifle does not come with case or literature (you can download that form the Sig website).

Asking $1,000 as-is or negotiable with removal of parts. Rifle will come with original parts removed from it.

As far as trades go, I'm not sure what I want--just throw out there stuff that would be a FAIR deal.

I'll eventually post up additional pictures with details of anything you wish.

Contact me via PM or email obscurity13 [at] yahoo [dot] com
    Located in Baton Rouge but willing to meet within reason along the I-10 / I-12 corridor.

5429442271_0e5a991c20_b.jpg

5430049040_e2594afc9a_b.jpg

5454865019_7291421d4f_b.jpg

5455477158_60607bc39e_b.jpg

5490899802_051b12e23f_b.jpg

Last edited:

alex

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jun 20, 2007

alex

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jun 20, 2007
    FYI: I'm going to be driving round-trip from Baton Rouge to Lake Charles tomorrow & possibly Saturday if anyone wants to take a look at the rifle. PM me if you'd like to meet up somewhere along I-10.

alex

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jun 20, 2007
    Bump! I'm looking into getting a nice AK if anyone's willing to do a trade. Would prefer to stay away from non-stock configurations (read: no tacti-cool) and WASR rifles. I'd be really happy with a yugo underfolder or a nicely done saiga conversion.

alex

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jun 20, 2007
    It's pretty heavy. I will try to find a scale to compare it to a romy G rifle.

Edit: SIG site has the SCM weighing in at 8lbs without a magazine. I know the 551 handguard weighs less than the fishgills but I have no clue what the weight difference is between a fixed A2 and a collapsable stock (negligible, IMO).

Last edited:

southerner985

sheepdog
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Norco
    these are rare and get really hard to find this is a yugo m70 FIXED STOCK built on a RPK receiver stamped at 1.6mm unlike typical 1mm ak receivers its been said by Mr Kalashnikov himself to be "the ak rifle perfected"

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom