The Shooters Club

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nolacop

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    That place has went down hill fast since Maury left. Its too crowded and they arent very helpful. LOTS of thugs frequent that establishment too it seems. Almost as bad as Elliot's. I know its tough to find a place to shoot close though.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Is this the one off of Power (or whatever it turns into once you pass up First City Court) in Metairie/Kenner? If so; damn the ranges suck. 4 lanes @ 15 yards I think. Too small and crowded for me.

Flipn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    Their new range should be openning up soon.. its gonna be at Hickory.. but ya.. more and more "thugs n gangstas" are making there way their since maury left..

hickman

hiding in the piney woods
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2006
    Alexandria, LA
    Wish I had known about it when I lived down there, would have been nice to have somewhere to shoot. Now, I have many places to shoot, including a friends private range, life is good. :D

1IV

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2006
    The range has good gear at fair prices, and the staff need to go back to charm school, but I use it for practice some of the time.

Flipn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    i work at shooters club...2 things...we aren't always helpful because we're loaded with people and we don't have time to waste on helping people that obviously are there to act like they know **** when they don't. I lose track of how many times a day i hear some random dick head ask me something about some weapon hes not planning on buying at all... like "hey man is that an AR-15? man those things look wicked, i wish i could get one, can i look at it?" while there's 5 other customers actually willing to buy a firearm, which last time i checked its what we're in business to do...
    2. we don't need to go to charm school. We deal with stupid ignorant people all day who think they know something and they know absolutely dick about firearms. forgive us for being humans and getting fed up from time to time. If you don't like us...say something to one of us at the store politely and maybe we'll apologize and listen to you, instead of bitching on an internet forum. That's just my opinion though. My friends and I hear alot of customers that are our close friends and regular visitors always tell us about the trash people talk about us behind our backs. I'm saying having the balls to say this to us, and maybe we'd do things differently. Here's an example for you...*walk in store* "hey, the other day when you were busy you were kind of rude to me and my friend, and we'd like to look at this or that to maybe purchase or shoot." me.."oh sorry, we were just in a rush and its only two of us working at a time, so no problems hopefully, here you go".... simple.

Oh yeah, please don't even start with the we're as bad as elliott's. Obviously your head is up your backside, to put things politely. You don't work there, so i can't expect you to know. Maury is a really cool guy and it sucks he doesn't work there anymore and everyone that works there has the highest respect for him and would do anything to help him out if we could. WE all think that. but hey, i don't think he needs a fanboy coming on an internet forum sticking up for him. But y'all don't work there, so you wouldn't know anything about the type of people we sell to. Everyone's equal and gets there fair chance to prove otherwise. We try our best to be fair to anyone in the store. Ask the customers that actually buy from us, we'll bend over backwards to help them. We give out information as best as we can, we may not know everything but we know a hell of a lot. We're good guys if you don't act like an idiot or give us good reason to not like you, you'd see that.

say bra.. lemme see that choppa ova there son.. i shot that ***** in the neck son.. sorry james had to do it..

Devil Dog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    say bra.. lemme see that choppa ova there son.. i shot that ***** in the neck son.. sorry james had to do it..

Damn, I remember that. That was one of the guys Maury was going to shoot, because he freaking swipped him. We were right next to that ass clown to.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    i work at shooters club...2 things...

I've never had any issues with the people who work there. And I even agree that there are alot of idiots that take up time to the people like me (who was looking for a new carry) as I had to wait in line 30 minutes. But, that's what customer service is about. If people start saying someone is a dick that works there due to other idiots that come in there, then they won't buy from there. If I waited in line for 30 minutes because of some ass clowns that just wanted to look and weren't buying I'd be mad at them while I waited. However, once I get up to the counter and I get some kind of attitude from a sales person, that's going to turn me off alot. Why would I want to deal with it? Will it be like that if I wanted to come back to have my gun serviced there or make a big purchase with help from the staff? Nope. I'd go somewhere else. Customer service is a big deal. Again, I don't know anyone and no one treated me like that, I just wasn't impressed with the lanes (too crowded for me).

glockboy98

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 26, 2006
    Metairie
    indeed we were roberto, indeed we were...i have to say that was one of the funniest things i've seen in a while.:D They deserved it though, but we do things a little differently now a days. So far we've never had to draw on someone, which is a good thing, but we've come close to it. Lots of times its just people's stupidity and they're not trying to be harmful, but you have to teach them the right way to do things sometimes, while always being careful.Stupidity will still get you accidentally shot, so we're super careful in trying to stop accidents before ignorant people start them. I think our reputation is getting better now, since we don't throw people out at gunpoint, and it makes for an easier environment to work in. We're still very firm but we're not overly aggressive unless we need to be. So far it's worked well, and i think the mix of personalities really is changing the store for the better. Tony, Jeremy, John, Kevin and I are all pretty knowledgable. I give major props to Tony and Jeremy for re-arranging the store. It's a million times better than when we all got there looks wise.

Last edited:

nolacop

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    I dont like to shop at s.c. because of several reasons. 1..they are usually (always) understaffed for the amount of customers inside the store. 2...the level of service declined tremendously when Maury (sp?) left the shop. 3..sometimes you cant even get through on the telephone.

Glockboy...you have to treat EVERY customer as potential purchaser, you cant pick and choose in whom you wish to help. I think the major problem with s.c. is that it has outgrown their store.

glockboy98

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 26, 2006
    Metairie
    I'm not really glockboy but I feel the need to correct a few things.

A) We here at shooters club apologize if you feel that we are treeating you badly. Glockboy has a point, we deal with real problems all the time. I have too little staff to deal with the amount of customers. I have the range to deal with. I have to prioritize and at times that means I have to cut one customer off short to deal with another. As glockboy said, if you have a problem talk to us, we're not demons, we want to help.

B) Morey doesn't work here anymore and that's a damn shame. I can't do anything about that as I wasn't even a member of the staff when he left. That is none of our faults as we have absolutely nothing to do with staffing. Personally, I wish he were back.

C) None of us on the sales floor have any control over price, discounts, deals, or orders. The boss controls all of that, while we have some limited input, we can't **** a weaver base for a sporterized mauser. Morey may have let you lay something away for a dollar but the boss wants 50% and I'm just a peon.

D) We have to strike a balance here. We need to get people in and out of the store in a reasonable amount of time and still manage to answer customer questions. This is a very hard thing to do sometimes. Sometimes it means we have to do things like not answer the phone. (That never seemed to bother the customers who are actually in the store and as I remember it Morey didn't answer the phone either.) Add to this the fact that we have armed people wandering around the store waiting for a lane on the range and it makes for a long damn day.

We're trying, and we're trying to get better. If you have customer service issues then speak to us and we'll try to help but for **** sake don't play the backbiting internet game, it doesn't help us make the shop better.

Chris

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    I haven't had any problems sinc i've been going there. I have see some schmucks there who shouldn't be allowed to buy or be near a loaded weapon. I saw one recently bragging about his mossberg TC 500 to his friend. he was raving about the "people shredder tip". I didn't say anything but isn't that mainly for blasting door deadbolts by the police?
    54125-MOS.jpg

and I do think there should be some kind of supervision in the range. I am not a certified instructor by any means but I have corrected a couple of shooters about safety issues. (muzzle sweeping, not clearing the gun after taking out the mag when he thought he was empty).

Last edited:

glockboy98

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 26, 2006
    Metairie
    I don't get how people are talking about the thugs and gangsters coming in all the time. Apparently they have never been to a wal mart before. It's something you have to put up with, we can't have a sign on the door saying no one with a 4xl shirt, timberland boots, dredlocks, corn rows, and gold teeth are allowed in the store. It's not right and as long as they're decent law abiding citizens they deserve the same right to protect their family that you do, so don't go starting the whole he looks like trash so he shouldn't be allowed to own a gun stuff. I've personally had as many if not more problems from well off white people giving me **** thinking they're more important than anyone else and/or that we owe them something for being there ,than poor project/trailer people. After you do this job for a while you can read out situations well enough to know who's really serious about buying a gun for sporting or protection purposes and who's looking to buy something to go run out and shoot someone. We take our jobs seriously, and honestly try our best to be effecent but courteous to whoever walks in those doors.

Keving138

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2006
    NOLA
    Dude I think you are wasting your time. We dont need worry about people who going to talk trash about us on the internet and not even put their real names. I mean we sure the hell aren't hurting for business. So I am just going to take care of the people who come in to the store the best I can. The anonymous whiners on the interweb can go pound salt up their ass.

cdodgela

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2006
    Harahan, La
    I took the CCW class at S.C. and practice there regularly. I even bring my 4 daughters there to practice too. I have no complaints. Everyone there is helpful and knowledgable. No one has any place to complain about "thugs" in there. S.C. has no control of who can come in the store. If they look like "thugs", but are clean, they have as much right to purchase as I do. Ever heard that appearances can be deceiving? (It works both ways.)
    Also, the shooting lanes serve their purpose. What more do you want for shooting lanes, travertine floors? For the space that is available in the S.C., I don't see how anyone can complain and they have reasonably priced stuff. Is seems that S.C. isn't doing such a bad job since they are always crowded and there is always a wait for an open lane.... It seems to me that anyone that complains here is just trying to satisfy a personal grudge. If S.C. was smart, they would open up another range... Oh, that's right, they are.....
    Like Kevin said, some salt might do some good. Complaints should be made face to face. Doing it here is chicken ****.

Top Bottom