Cannon Safe delivery set for March 14

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • richiespng

Jun 13, 2009
    Picayune, MS
    We have a truckload of cannon safes going out on March 14th and have a few empty spots on the truck. This is "local" delivery of the Metro New Orleans and Baton Rouge area (BR, NOLA, Northshore, etc). Anyone interested in getting on board let us know.

Safes are $499 + the delivery.

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    How much is the delivery compared to tax? Baton Rouge area.

The tax is approximately 50% as much as delivery to this area.
    Tax plus your fuel would be approximately the same as delivery.

WHEELER

Don't Tread on Me
    Nov 28, 2008
    do you offer safe install (all the way inside house) or your on your own once it hits the curb. Looking at a big boy safe around 800lb

richiespng

Jun 13, 2009
    Picayune, MS
    How much is the delivery compared to tax? Baton Rouge area.

The tax is approximately 50% as much as delivery to this area.
    Tax plus your fuel would be approximately the same as delivery.

This pretty much sums it up.

do you offer safe install (all the way inside house) or your on your own once it hits the curb. Looking at a big boy safe around 800lb

Our insurance wont cover bringing it inside the home. To be honest though, getting it off the truck and into the garage is the hardest part. Once it is ready to go inside you just unbolt it from the pallet, slide it in the door onto a heavy blanket and slide it to where you want it to go. Me and another guy from the shop moved my HR6030 (right around 800lbs) into my house and into place (the other side of the house from the front door). It's really not too bad.

WHEELER

Don't Tread on Me
    Nov 28, 2008
    I have done it before. To be honest would rather just pay someone to do it that get that workout again, lol. IIRC fane will only bring it to your doorway also. Will keep looking I guess.

richiespng

Jun 13, 2009
    Picayune, MS
    Not too many companies out there that will bring it in your house and set it where you want it without charging you a very pretty penny to do it. Insurance is too expensive. All it takes is for the safe to crack one of your expensive floor tiles, scratch your wood floor or chip your granite countertops and the repair bill could quickly exceed any delivery cost and/or profit from the sale. That's why we dont do it. Good luck though. I hope you can find someone that can do it for a fair price.

railgunner

Life long learner.....
    Mar 3, 2011
    Baton Rouge, La.
    3 Spots left....whew, glad i called yesterday. Looking forward to getting the two. My co-worker got one and is very pleased with it. He even tricked it out with some LED rope lighting activated by a motion sensor. :thumbsup: For the price, you cant beat it. Heh, my wife is just excited to get a closet back in the house! :D

richiespng

Jun 13, 2009
    Picayune, MS
    I put rope lights in mine as well connected to a wireless light switch. You can get the LED light kit at Lowes complete with the mounting hardware for about $30-$40 depending on long you want it and the wireless switch is about $12. For about $50 you have a VERY well lit safe.

railgunner

Life long learner.....
    Mar 3, 2011
    Baton Rouge, La.
    Very Satisfied !!

Thanks for the great deal on the safes. I got them both inside (pretty much by myself...the wife steered me away from walls and doors) :D

Very satisfied with the two I got. They both work perfectly and no blemishes or defects that i could find. Going today to get some LED rope lights, dehumidfiers and an industrial rubber pad to put them on once i get them off the pallets.

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg

richiespng

Jun 13, 2009
    Picayune, MS
    Thanks for the great deal on the safes. I got them both inside (pretty much by myself...the wife steered me away from walls and doors) :D

Very satisfied with the two I got. They both work perfectly and no blemishes or defects that i could find. Going today to get some LED rope lights, dehumidfiers and an industrial rubber pad to put them on once i get them off the pallets.

View attachment 15466View attachment 15467

Glad you like them! It was a pleasure meeting you.

bassicpackrat

Dopplebock Slayer
    Feb 20, 2011
    Opelousas,LA 70570
    can anyone give me the exact outside dimensions of these safes(especially the width across the front(I have a very narrow spot in my closet that this would need to fit(a hair over 27 inches) Also which model Cannon is this, thanks!?

bassicpackrat

Dopplebock Slayer
    Feb 20, 2011
    Opelousas,LA 70570
    dont think I didnt consider it, but the wife would skin me alive ;)(one side is a support wall of sheetrock in our bedroom, and the other wall is attached to the shelving in the closet which we just had new carpet put down in(would leave exposed floor if I cut that wall,) so its a no-go.

Top Bottom