SOLD

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    They have magpul logos on them, and came in a magpul box... I saw the "clones" for sale on ebay, but they do not come with the box, and the ones I saw did not have magpul logos on them. These are the only set of magpul sights I have seen/handled, so I do not have any others to compare to. As far as function they work fine, and seem to be made well... My only complaint is the color, or I would have kept them and put them on my lightweight ar build.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Since you guys seem to know something I don't, could you actually post some relevant info instead of just throwing out claims? I would be helpful...

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    The airsoft models will have "PTS" molded into them.

The clones are very close, but there's a few identifiers. The mounting screws should be a grayish color and are stamped with Magpul on the screw head, the clones have black screws and no Magpul mark. The real sights have virtually no sharp edges or mold lines. The "wing" looking pieces under the hinge area should have three ridges while the clones only have one. There's more, but that should be enougj to verify one way or another.

Here's a good pic comparison, the black is real and the tan is fake...

http://m241.photobucket.com/albums/devtucker/ARFCOM stuff/MBUS

The clones are good and for the right price would work fine on a .22LR build or something along those lines.

Last edited:

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Ok, having a look at them. The screws do not have magppul on the heads, says HUA 10.9, which is a screw spec.

I do not see a PTS on either sight. The "wings" do only have 1 ridge.

So they must be clones, and I am guessing the box is cloned as well... Weird, I did buy these from a vendor in the US, not china. Maybe the price was too good to be true. Anyways, I can drop the price if needed, was trying to get my money back, but I can take a loss...

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Ok, having a look at them. The screws do not have magppul on the heads, says HUA 10.9, which is a screw spec.

I do not see a PTS on either sight. The "wings" do only have 1 ridge.

So they must be clones, and I am guessing the box is cloned as well... Weird, I did buy these from a vendor in the US, not china. Maybe the price was too good to be true. Anyways, I can drop the price if needed, was trying to get my money back, but I can take a loss...

It happens man. I wasn't trying to **** on your sale, I just know that personally I'd rather find out up front than after selling to someone. These days if the price is too good it's probably a fake.

You should file a complaint with the vendor and let folks know who it was so they can avoid them.

The clones are actually pretty good quality, and like I said would be great for a .22LR build without paying the $80+ for the real ones.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Maybe I will just keep them and use them on my 22 ar upper... Functionally they seems great, but I guess the real ones are better? Need to get my hands on some actual magpuls and compare. The vendor did offer to take them back and issue me a refund, but I had to pay shipping (a few bucks) and I figured someone on here may want them.

What do you guys think they are worth?

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    They would look good on the AR that I got from you. Every thing else is magpul why not. I'll take them if you still want to sell them. I'll be passing thru Slidell Wednesday afternoon if you want to get together. Shoot me a PM and we can work out the details.

O_R_B_1

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 2, 2007
    New Orleans, La.
    I'll pass to BigJake.

It really sucks that this is happening everywhere you look now. Knock-off sights (iron and electronic), shackles (Crosby), rails, watches......Hell even SHOES! All kinds of stuff. That's why I jumped on it when I saw the price. Cheapest place I saw the set was about $90 shipped.

Good luck with the sale, jdindadel. If BigJake passes, give me a shout. I'll stick to my word and buy them from you (at the new price of $40 of course!;))

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I will let jake take a look at them and see what he thinks. Do not feel pressured to buy them, i can always send them back to the vendor.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    wardt
    Top Bottom