WTB Slidefire SSAR-15

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Just like the title says, looking to get one and just checking to see if I can find a good price before I try to order one or track down a local retailer.

RyanW

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I avoid shooters like the plague. Their prices are an insult and their employes will gladly tel you a bold faced lie to try to make a sale. They probably have so many in stock because they're asking double retail for them. I'd gladly overpay at jim's before ever stepping foot inside of there again.

I like dave's, but louque's is closer, a lot closer, and I try to keep my money as close to home as possible, a well as supporting site sponsors

Last edited:

cajunranger

Ghost
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    DeRidder
    I avoid shooters like the plague. Their prices are an insult and their employes will gladly tel you a bold faced lie to try to make a sale. They probably have so many in stock because they're asking double retail for them. I'd gladly overpay at jim's before ever stepping foot inside of there again.

I like dave's, but louque's is closer, a lot closer, and I try to keep my money as close to home as possible, a well as supporting site sponsors

Totally agree, overpaid for Eotech. Never to return there.

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy

I used to think that about Shooters, but a little under a year ago I went in there and the guys I used to hate are gone, and the guys that replaced them are awesome, helpful, and professional, and administer great service.

I used to slam them and insult the name of Lafayette Shooters to anyone asking about them or mentioning them, but now... hell, they got great prices on ammo a lot of times, actually are helpful with firearms, have good suggestions, and every guy there has their own specialty/familiarization, so if one guy isn't too knowledgable on one thing, chances are he can ask another guy behind the counter to help instead.

I just bought an M&P9c today, even, and their price was only $40 over the best price I could find online (some no-name place which had them marked 'out of stock' anyways), and only $25/$35 over the price of the bigger name sellers online. I don't know what could be so bad about that for a brick-n-mortar store.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    James, if that's the case, then that place has made a HUGE turnaround. If what you say is consistently occuring then they could really be a great place to deal with. I always liked Dave's because I was dealing him when he was really small and he was great to deal with, and had great prices, like most places that are just getting started. I haven't been in a while but it left a good impression.

I don't think I've spent $1 in Shooter's and I haven't been since I left Lafayette 3-4 years ago. I went in several times looking for HK mags, checking out other HK's, and trying to find some camo stuff that I liked, but just always got rubbed wrong and left. For all the stuff they have in stock, it was tough to NOT give them a shot, but they consistently "missed the mark." I may have to swing in there next time I'm out that way and see if I can find a deal on something though.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Atlantic Firearms - No the Slide Fire is not for the DPMS .308 plus 308 rapid fire is very hard to control

I snagged this off of Slide Fire's facebook page.

The stock will fit any mil-spec diameter buffer tube, it's just a matter of how much stepping backwards while leaning forward you wanna do.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Got it! Thanks a ton James, glad you're better at math than me lol

I bought 420rds of 5.56 and a Lula this morning and now I just have to pray for a day off to go play!!! Video to come soon!!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom