600 Firearms Seized From Amish Farmer.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    The only statement in that article that surprises me is that an Amish farmer had 600 firearms. The rest is par for the course…
    As per the usual, the ATF is full of ****. They make a rule saying you can’t “buy and sell to turn a profit without a license” and find someone selling a private collection and seize the collection without even knowing if he’s broken any laws. Doesn’t sound like he has, but that’s a large collection. No laws against owning a collection that large, but we’re gonna take it anyway. Guilty until proven innocent and we will drag it out indefinitely. Meanwhile we can lose more guns than that in Fast and Furious games and nobody lifts an eyebrow.
    10:1 the old farmer hasn’t broken one law. The ATF may up and decide he has and make an example of him anyway. Rogue agency that they are.

Last edited:

cricht0n

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Zachary
    If this doesn't scare anyone that has sold guns they legally bought and then legally sold, it should. But most people will just read the "600 guns" tag and not even bother to read that they went after him even though they admit that they have no proof he broke any laws.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    600 guns = a whole lotta cheddar from that dairy farm!

I'm of the opinion that once you own it, it's none of the government's business what you do with it unless it turns up in a crime AND they have proof you knew beforehand that criminal use was the intended purpose of the purchaser. If I buy a gun, take it to the range, try it, don't like it, sell it, and repeat the process once a week for a year, that's got nothing to do with anybody else, and the government can bite my a$$ if they don't like it.

scoutgunner

Premium Member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2012
    Houma, LA

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    The only statement in that article that surprises me is that an Amish farmer had 600 firearms. The rest is par for the course…
    As per the usual, the ATF is full of ****. They make a rule saying you can’t “buy and sell to turn a profit without a license” and find someone selling a private collection and seize the collection without even knowing if he’s broken any laws. Doesn’t sound like he has, but that’s a large collection. No laws against owning a collection that large, but we’re gonna take it anyway. Guilty until proven innocent and we will drag it out indefinitely. Meanwhile we can lose more guns than that in Fast and Furious games and nobody lifts an eyebrow.
    10:1 the old farmer hasn’t broken one law. The ATF may up and decide he has and make an example of him anyway. Rogue agency that they are.
    ATF and FBI need to be dissolved and their responsibilities compartmentalized. ATF should be held to Article VI and the Second Amendment and only be allowed to police imports if anything. The DOJ may need closer inspection because they are ultimately allowing these constitutional abuses via ATF and FBI and others. The buck stops here it's not acceptable, not ethical, not moral, and NOT constitutional!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom