WTB: AK-47

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chads7

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2011
    Picayune
    Been in the market for awhile now, only thing i can seem to find is WASR which im not interested in(I.O. has caught my eye though). No one online seems to have any in stock. :( LMK what you have or somewhere local that keeps something other than Romanian AKs in stock. looking to spend around ~$700

Much appreciated
    -Chad

Last edited:

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Keep in mind not all Romanians are WASR rifles. Many nice rifles are built on the "G" code kits that were widely available a few years ago. This is a G code kit built on a NoDak Spud receiver and finished off with Ironwood Designs black walnut furniture.

udt22tioud83ejdy69t6.jpg

Last edited:

chads7

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2011
    Picayune
    Keep in mind not all Romanians are WASR rifles. Many nice rifles are built on the "G" code kits that were widely available a few years ago...[/IMG]
    I was not aware of that thank you for the info. I haven't seen a Romanian that wasn't a wasr... I'll keep my eye out

Isaac-1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    DeRidder LA
    Also keep in mind not all WASR's are mix and match junk, I have one (WASR 10/63, full size magazine unlike the single stack WASR 10) that appears to have been built off an all matching numbers, with armory triangle approval stamp, probably a G code gun with a 1986 date. From what I have read those "WASR" guns Century sold after about 2008 or 2009 tended to be of a much better quality than the earlier mix and match guns, it seems Century used the WASR name for anything sold of this style from Romania regardless of actual history).

Ike

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    Check atlanticfirearms.com if you haven't yet. I got mine from there and they were great to deal with.

EDIT- This is the one that I got and it shoots and feels great. And it comes in well under your $700 mark :D

Last edited:

slowhandlukem

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    lafayette to Houston
    You might want to keep reading.Many comments on forums across US saying in the last 5 years.I.O .Is doing nothing more than
    removing the wasr name and sending them out as I.O. U.S made receiver. US made polymer forend & stock. (Pass)

sph1480

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Destrehan, La
    Try royaltigerimports.com. They ship fast and prices on the I.O.'s are pretty good. They also have a lot of ffl licenses on file to save a little time and trouble.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MiyaMarukutsune
    Top Bottom