Aimpoint VS Eotech vs ACOG

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Not trying to stir anything up here. I just purchased my first AR-10 and I now need some optics for it. I was hoping that this thread would come to life but it never really did, so I am essentially reposting the same topic; but would like to know what has worked on the .223s so I can base my opinion off of those if need be.
    I carried a M68 in the service and never really cared for it but am leaning towards going that way, as I have no experience with the other two. I am planning on going to the show in Slidell and finger ****ing a few to see what I might like. But please post any opinions on the above optics, thanks.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I love my Eotech and have put it through alot of abuse, acog's are too damn expensive. With an AR10 though you can really reach out and touch somebody, I'd get something magnified

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I have a Trijicon Reflex and I like it but I was thinking about switching it out with an Aimpoint Micro just because it'd be a little more compact.

dmiculek

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    Gramercy
    If you have the carbine version, take a look at the 1-4 power scopes on the market. Best of both worlds, on 1X it 's fast like a red dot and you have some magnification for longer shots.

They are availble in any price range. Weaver to U.S. Optics.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I was looking at the DMS. I walked into Nick's looking for one. He said he'd had some (and could get one in a few days) but liked the Konus 1.5-5x better. Its not illuminated but is crystal clear. Its also 1/4 the price. I decided to give it a try.
    I like the scope. Its meant to be a shotgun scope. It has crosshairs with a large diamond in the middle. The diamond gives a nice aiming point.
    All that being said, I spent an hour last time at Nick's (a few weeks ago) sighting it in. Last week I took it to the BZ. The adjustments were completely off again. I don't know if it got bumped in the gun safe or if one of the mounting screws backed off or what, but I was annoyed. My gun doesn't have a rail (I've got a carbon fiber handguard) there isn't room for both a scope and irons. I switched to shooting the Enfield for the day.
    I think I've decided to switch to a C-more. It sits a lot lower than the others and is less likely to get knocked out of adjustment. I can also have my rear sight co-witness. Not having magnification is an issue, but having a nonfunctional rifle is annoying.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    The Slidell show is the 1st and 2nd of November and Bayoushooter will have a table so we need to show up support and represent.

Sure I would like to shoot it out past 100m but most of my shooting will be within 100m I've got my bolt gun to reach out and touch something with if need be.

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    Personally, when I get my AR-10, I am going to get one of these:

http://www.leupold.com/tactical/products/scopes/mark-4-lrt-riflescopes/

But if I wanted something in a dot/illuminated model, I would get one of these:

http://www.trijicon.com/user/parts/parts_new.cfm?categoryID=11

With one of these on top: http://www.trijicon.com/user/parts/parts_new.cfm?categoryID=11

Knowing me, I will end up with the LRT on a LaRue QD mount, and an ACOGw/Reddot on an QD mount, and switch as necessary.

Get both!

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I was looking at the DMS. I walked into Nick's looking for one. He said he'd had some (and could get one in a few days) but liked the Konus 1.5-5x better. Its not illuminated but is crystal clear. Its also 1/4 the price. I decided to give it a try.
    I like the scope. Its meant to be a shotgun scope. It has crosshairs with a large diamond in the middle. The diamond gives a nice aiming point.
    All that being said, I spent an hour last time at Nick's (a few weeks ago) sighting it in. Last week I took it to the BZ. The adjustments were completely off again. I don't know if it got bumped in the gun safe or if one of the mounting screws backed off or what, but I was annoyed. My gun doesn't have a rail (I've got a carbon fiber handguard) there isn't room for both a scope and irons. I switched to shooting the Enfield for the day.
    I think I've decided to switch to a C-more. It sits a lot lower than the others and is less likely to get knocked out of adjustment. I can also have my rear sight co-witness. Not having magnification is an issue, but having a nonfunctional rifle is annoying.
    what handguards are you running?

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    The ACOGs are going to be out of my price range.
    The Eotechs just have too much going on in the window the more I look at them.
    The Trij Chevron one is just too much for me for the only real advantage not use batteries. I have used one though and liked it. In fact I might contact the owner tomorrow and see what his opinions are of it and see how it is holding up for him.

Which Aimpoint would you get?

Lewgee

USMC VET OIF * *
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 27, 2008
    St Charles
    The comp M2 is extremely efficient on batteries. I actually stack two lithium hearing aid batteries and its worked really well for over a year without a hickup! Holds its zero. I have removed mine a few times and never had to mess with it.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    I believe I am going to get the comp M2 then, the T1 appears to be all the rage but the difference in size isn't worth the money to me.

Unless anyone has any reasoning of why I shouldn't get the M2 I am going to do it.

Thanks

Top Bottom