Southern Shooting Center in Thibadeaux

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rustyduck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    near morgan city
    im thinking about joining this range. can i go watch these events?(is there a place to spectate).

do they sell the eye protection they require? i wear glasses and i dont know where to buy eye protection for that.

do these events take up most shooting areas?

do i have to bring my own targets? cause from the pictures it looks like there are iron targets set up, i rather that.

IonicDOG

Hacker
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    Houma, LA
    im thinking about joining this range. can i go watch these events?(is there a place to spectate).

do they sell the eye protection they require? i wear glasses and i dont know where to buy eye protection for that.

do these events take up most shooting areas?

do i have to bring my own targets? cause from the pictures it looks like there are iron targets set up, i rather that.

Yes you can go and spectate any of the events they put on. I've shot a couple of the tuesday night pistol matches, I believe the entry cost for the match is $12.

The tuesday night matches are held on the rifle range, unless they have changed things since the last time i've been there

I think they sell earplugs, but glasses i'm not sure of. I wear glasses and whenever i've gone shoot over there I just wear my regular glasses, they haven't told me anything about it.

You can bring your own target and staple them onto the target stands, I don't know if the sell targets.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    If anyone from Baton Rouge ever wants to go check it out I'd ride/drive/split fuel costs.

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    I am a member there and the owner is a former employer. Super nice crew and now have a full service gun store on site. The night skeet shoots are sweet. You can go watch any event for free, just have your protective gear and enjoy. The only time they charge to watch is when it is a national event. They also have a website with a calender of events for the whole month so you can watch for your particular interest of shoots

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    rustyduck.

they have steel plates in 4 of the 12 pistol bays, if pistol is your game then that's the place to go, I used to go there every sat. morning and set up a uspsa stage and run it over and over, great practise. With gas prices the way they are I just shoot the regular uspsa match once a month now.

rustyduck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    near morgan city
    o good im joining. when does the membership year start? i see there is a 500 member limit. i should call first i guess.

and what about iron targets for rifles? i have a 10/22, ak47, and a 8mm mauser.

Last edited:

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    I'm in my third year as a member there. I'm usually out shooting on the rifle range during the week when I have it all to myself these days, but shooting pistols is nice with the individual bays. The steel is supposed to be for members only, so keep that in mind if you're heading down there. Granted, I don't shoot skeet or trap but the facilities that I do use are top notch. Just give Ricky a call to find out if they have any openings for membership. Some contracts are being renewed every month. It all depends on when that person signed up.

FrankJr

Tazer,Mace,then Miranda
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 12, 2007
    Zachary, La
    I've been looking to get into shooting some matches. This looks sweet, kinda far out. Topgunz, when we gonna make a road trip??

rustyduck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    near morgan city
    sorry i asked that before and it was answered.

whats the policy on rapid fire? sometimes i like to unload my 9mms and ak47 rather quickly just for kicks.

can i bring a video camera to film myself? the reason my brother in law and i do this is to have something to show for that $200 every thousand rounds we burn.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    The range policy is no uncontrolled rapid firing. I will shoot double taps when practicing up close with the M4 and have had no issues with that, but for emptying a 30rd mag in 8 seconds type-of-stuff you'll probably be asked to stop.

Cameras are good to go however. I've set mine up to try and capture vapor trails at 300yds.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rynola
    Top Bottom