Journalism at its finest

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    As was mentioned in the first link, you have to follow the money.

Take CNN as an example. Previously owned by Ted Turner, a notoriously liberal Dem married to Hanoi Jane Fonda. Later bought by Time-Warner ............ hopefully you don't need for me to tell you how far to the left Time Magazine leans.

In either situation (under Ted Turner/Jane Fonda ownership or Time-Warner ownership), imagine the political affiliation the owners would expect of you if you were being considered for top management position or editorship with the network. If you aren't a flaming liberal, your judgment is considered suspect and your chances for promotion are nil.

If you are a correspondent who aspires to a position as an anchor, and if all the "higher up" are flaming libs, what are your chances for promotion if you express (openly or tacitly) approval of the conservative ideology.

This same system permeates the media. It's understandable from a "human nature" standpoint ................ for example, if one of my employees shows up with an Obama/Biden bumper sticker on his truck, I immediately begin to question his intelligence and judgment. And I probably wouldn't promote him to a position of trust

But I'm not a journalist, nor are my employees. I don't the same ethical obligation to seek out "the truth" and report facts . If Wonder Bread wants to emphasize certain attributes and ignore others as it markets its products, that's OK as long as it's not done in violation of laws.

But when the media "markets" its preferences and political candidates, it's wrong ......... and you only have to follow the money to see why it happens.

[/rant]

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rynola
    Top Bottom