WTB Anvil...anvil obtained, thanks rasputin!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ppland

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    ville platte
    Any of you guys know where in the state i can get an anvil, or anyone have one for sale/trade? Looking for 75-150#. well used is ok. I can buy or willing to trade for ... i have a few guns available, many bullets in the 44 and .357 cal ( for reloading) some bullet molds .44 and .357 or the ever popular cold hard cash. any help in locating one would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

ulshop

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    lafayette
    Check with members of Louisiana Metalsmiths - lametalsmiths.org or the Gulf Coast Blacksmiths Association - gulfcoastblacksmith.com
    Both groups have great members that meet once a month at different locations. Most of them collect equipment and some are willing to sell off occasionally. LAMA's annual meeting is March 10/11th at Beaver Park in Lafayette. They get smiths from all over the south to attend, might be a good spot to look for an anvil. good luck..

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Man I wish I could spare mine. I need a bigger one (I have a Peter wright 96lb), but I can't let go of it until I find one lol. Check Craigslist, that's where I got mine. Be prepared to pay 2.50/lb, but only if the face is nice. Heavy pitting and deep stray hammer marks are a no go, check for rebound, if the edges are chipped off etc.

ppland

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    ville platte
    Man I wish I could spare mine. I need a bigger one (I have a Peter wright 96lb), but I can't let go of it until I find one lol. Check Craigslist, that's where I got mine. Be prepared to pay 2.50/lb, but only if the face is nice. Heavy pitting and deep stray hammer marks are a no go, check for rebound, if the edges are chipped off etc.

thanks and let me know if u find one u are looking for. i'll take that one off your hands. appreciate all the tips as well, just getting into the smithing. got a great forge and using rail road track for now.

Top Bottom