Pelican Firearms, group buy for PSA 16" Mid and Carbine Cold Hammer Forged Uppers

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LNSvince

May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    The group buy has been extended until Friday 3/23. The extension is due to multiple contacts today for information about this group buy. The extension will in no way affect shipment of the group buy order because PSA has an open Purchase Order in que with their armorer.

FINAL CUTOFF IS GOING TO BE TUESDAY 3/20 --- NEED EVERYONE'S MONEY BY FRIDAY 3/23 CONTACT ME BY PM ASAP

I totally appreciate what JoeBobs is doing for us.
    The Last thing I want to do is create waves with all these GP's going on.
    This is only to offer something a little different. As "ALL" the vendors state there is going to be a price increase here soon, and the GP's are limited to specific models and MANY vendors are selling out of their stock like in 2008.

This is through Jason @ Pelican Firearms

This is a group buy for PSA 16" Mid and Carbine Cold Hammer Forged Uppers.

The price for the group buy will be $460. This includes BCG and Charging Handle and shipping to Pelican firearms only.

We are not limited to the number of uppers for this Group Buy, but would prefer at least 10. These uppers will ship in about 6 weeks to Jason with Pelican Firearms. (The uppers may not take that long to arrive.)

NOTE: !!!
    To speed delivery of these uppers PSA is going to ship whatever they have at the time whether it be Mid or Carbine length. When you reply +1
    notate which gas system you "prefer" and we will do the best we can to accomadate. (First come first served) So yes there is a chance that
    you will not get a specific one. I know it sucks, but does it really make enough difference to kill the deal ?

If you have any intention on purchasing these types of uppers now is the time, due to increased pricing through PSA. These are the FN made
    barrels, which is the same barrel Noveske uses.

Jason will be happy to ship the uppers to you via USPS priority mail for an additional $15. (Please notate that with your +1 and add that cost to
    your payment)

Below is a link to the Mid-Length upper. The details of the upper are provided. (Yes, the upper is complete with BCG and Charging Handle)

http://palmettostatearmory.com/inde...psa-16-hammer-forged-midlength-upperpper.html

Payments can be made by M/O. & Cash. No Credit cards. The M/O's will be held until the two weeks before the uppers ship. When you send your M/O please include all of
    your personal information, what you ordered, and your BS username.

Last edited:

king4456

Dec 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    What happened to a 5.45 upper Vince? You got me all hot and bothered by the price of ammo on the 5.45 and now it's back to .223.

LNSvince

May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    I know, I know.
    Ive been trying to get that from someone.............

If you know of any leads, let "ME" know.
    If ANYONE is interested in a 5.45 upper, PM me.
    Power in numbers......

jasonj5313

Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    I am going to stay out of that one, because I'm biased. I will say this everyone will give you a different answer.

Use the force young Jedi, to help make the decision.

LNSvince

May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    Neither. Just depends on what you want. I think both have their advantages and disadvantages. Now Im not a AR guru. and I can not speak personally about the quality, because I have not owned either brand.
    But from reading and asking others, I think they are pretty equal to each other.
    If Im wrong, someone can chime in. Just dont blow up this thread please.
    Keep it simple and state "facts" ONLY keep opinions to yourself.
    I personally want the M4 [ carbine handguard length] . and although I know there are many variables, the Barrel reads to be a decent upgrade for only a few $$$.
    This is NOT to say the Spikes is lesser quality in any way , shape or form.
    Because we are so limited to choices, this is the only other option a vendor could come up with due to limited stocks

Vince

Last edited:

CaptainMorgan

Jul 25, 2011
    baton rouge
    i got a PSA upper from jason not too long ago and it runs flawlessly, is staked correctly and was a hell of a deal. If someone is looking for a good upper and a good guy to deal with it, they need to jump on this

GunRelated

Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    i got a PSA upper from jason not too long ago and it runs flawlessly, is staked correctly and was a hell of a deal. If someone is looking for a good upper and a good guy to deal with it, they need to jump on this

^^This^^
    However, I have been waiting for Spike's stuff to come back in stock and I can't pass on JoeBob's offer. I may not get in on this buy, but I will be doing more business with Jason in the near future, good guy and great prices.

Last edited:

LNSvince

May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    1- LNSvince
    2- Diggity
    3- Redly
    4- Bordelon
    5- BS875
    6-boutdoors
    7- doberman22 carbine
    8-doberman22 carbine
    9 Bulldog87 mid
    10 Bulldog87 mid
    11 Bulldog87 mid
    12 Storm52 --- mid

LNSvince

May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    I had the chance to meet Jason Yesterday FTF for the first time.
    I like his attitude and business edicate.
    I feel confident that his goal is to please his customers at any cost !
    [Definitely a quality that we are slowly loosing in the business world ]
    Keep up the good work. Building trust is a slow and bumpy process !

Boutdoors

Sep 16, 2011
    Lacombe
    1- LNSvince
    2- Diggity
    3- Redly
    4- Bordelon
    5- BS875
    6-boutdoors mid
    7- doberman22 carbine
    8-doberman22 carbine
    9 Bulldog87 mid
    10 Bulldog87 mid
    11 Bulldog87 mid
    12 Storm52 --- mid

LNSvince

May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    OK,
    We have CONFIRMATION FOR 2 MORE.................[ also rumored that there will be very LITTLE wait time ]

Anyone sitting on the Fence, Its time to jump in ! Pronto

1- LNSvince car [ paid ]
    2- Diggity car [ paid ]
    3- Redly mid [paid ]
    4- Bordelon mid [paid ]
    5- BS875 mid [paid]
    6-boutdoors mid
    7- doberman22 carbine
    8-doberman22 carbine
    9 Bulldog87 mid
    10 Bulldog87 mid
    11 Bulldog87 mid
    12 Storm52 --- mid

jasonj5313

Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    I am going to sweeten up the deal a little. I will offer stripped lowers for $60 +xfer. to all group buy members. My transfer fees are $10 for the first and $5 for each additional.

I will also have complete lowers on sale for $180 including x-fer. All Lowers are Forged and complete with 6 position stock. I will use PSA build kits, so you would have a complete PSA gun.

This means you could have a complete PSA cold hammer forged gun for a low price of $640. That's a hell of a deal.

Parts kits will not be available for purchase.

I have talked to PSA and submitted a Purchase Order for this group buy.

LNSvince

May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    WAIT !!!!!
    U mean NOW, you tell us we can get a PSA lower with stock [ i guess its made out of aluminum ?] Not only "BUILT", but INCLUDING the x-fer for $180...........:run:
    Dude your Killin me [ all of US] .

did someone turn on the strobing "Blue Light" ?

What has gotten into you vendors ! You guys must be plottin behind our backs.

I give up --- Its time for my Therapy session.............

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom