Ammo Group Buy in Walker .223/5.56 and possibly 7.62x39, 9mm, .40

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunRelated

Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    A couple friends and I are getting ready to place an order for some .223/5.56 in the next couple days. Of course, the more people we get to go in on this, the cheaper price per round we get. As of right now, there are a few deals we have our sights on, but if you know of something better, please share. Together, we want at minimum 1500 rds of .223/5.56 total between the 3 of us, possibly more. The other calibers listed are still up in the air at the moment, if we can get enough rounds together on those to get a decent price we may very well get a few rounds, but our main focus is the .223/5.56. Here is what we are looking at, and again, if you know of something better please don't hold your tongue.

All of the prices that I am listing here INCLUDE SHIPPING. Also, these prices are for 1-2 cases, so the more cases we get, the better the shipping cost per case. These prices are not EXACT but they are within a few bucks. If we do get this organized to make a buy, you will be presented with an exact total for your ammo costs before the purchase is made.

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=FAXM193BK. If we can get 2000 rounds, we can get it at $620 which is $310/1000rds if we only get 1000 the price will be about $10-$15 higher, about $320-$325/1000. SOLD OUT

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=FAXM855LC1AC. We can get these for around $160-$165/case of 420rds. These come in an ammo can which is a plus, however they are steel core which doesn't mix well with steel targets.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=.../FEDERAL-5-56x45mm-XM855F-62gr-500-ROUND-CASE. Around $335/1000rds after the 10% off with the promo code. These come 500rds per ammo can, also steel core. There wont be much of a volume discount on these because brownells offers $12 flat rate shipping per order. THE 10% OFF PROMO CODE NO LONGER WORKS.

9mm and .40 target ammo - we can get these for about $185/1000rds http://www.freedommunitions.com/9mm-115-gr-RN-B-p/b9r115r.htm. or these for $245/1000rds http://www.freedommunitions.com/40-S-W-180-gr-RNFP-B-p/b40f180r.htm

Last edited:

GunRelated

Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Natchez has already sold out of the XM193, good deals on .223/5.56 ammo is flying off the shelves right now. That being said, whether we get anyone else to join in on our buy or not, we will be placing our order no later than Sunday afternoon, unless I find out that natchez will be stocking their XM193 again soon at the same price. This is the absolute cheapest deal I have found on decent 5.56 brass ammo, so I would like to be able to buy some at their price. Please, anyone who reads this, if you know of any better or similar deals going on right now for 5.56/.223 please let me know. If you want to join in on our buy, let me know ASAP. Thanks.

GunRelated

Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I also just tried the DFM 10% off promo code at Brownells and it no longer works, which it must have just stopped working because I tried it yesterday with success.

GunRelated

Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Its none of my business, but consider http://www.wideners.com/itemview.cfm?dir=18|830|845 for bulk ammo..

I do appreciate your lead. I have checked them out, and they will most likely be my go to for this buy. Their shipping tends to be high, but at the moment I think they will have the best price for what we are looking for. Do you have any experience with PMC Bronze ammo? Natchez has it for under $600/2000rds after shipping.

Jack

Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I saw this and got excited, then I realized it wasn't really a group buy, it was more like a applebees dinner for two discount and got sad.

GunRelated

Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I saw this and got excited, then I realized it wasn't really a group buy, it was more like a applebees dinner for two discount and got sad.

This actually pulled a laugh out of the gut after reading. I wish we had an ammo group buy going on as well, but we don't, and I think that it would be next to impossible to find a vendor that would be willing to do it because the supply isn't there to meet demand already. If we can get one going though, I would be all in.

GunRelated

Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Well, as it looks right now, we are going to be ordering the 1500 rds of the PMC bronze. If someone here wants to get 500 or more rds with us, the price will go down $10/1k. Let me know if you are interested soon, because we will more than likely be placing our order this evening and no later than tomorrow afternoon. I cannot cover your part of the order because I have most of my funds tied up on the upper group buy right now. So if you were to want to get in with us on this, I would need to meet with you sometime today or tomorrow to get your share to be able to place the order in a timely manner.

Last edited:

GunRelated

Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I might could cover someone for just 500 rds, but only if you are 100% sure that you will be able to meet with me when the shipment comes in.

Jack

Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Wait, the price goes down 10 dollars per 1000 ordered? Is there a cap on that discount? If someone were to order say, 5k, would it go down 50 dollars per 1000?

GunRelated

Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Wait, the price goes down 10 dollars per 1000 ordered? Is there a cap on that discount? If someone were to order say, 5k, would it go down 50 dollars per 1000?

As far as I know, it will not go down any more after 2k rounds. Unless I call natchez and they tell me otherwise. On their website, there is only an option for a discount at 1k and 2k rounds, nothing more.

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom