Wtb: Hunting rifles top price $400 any condition

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigBoodro

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 20, 2012
    Prairieville
    Im a hunter that has layed dormant for a few years now looking to get back into it. My top price is $400. My ideal calibers are pretty much any .30 caliber(30.06, .300, .308) my preferred manufacturers are remington, winchester, savage, and ruger. Im not setting my hopes too high, I expect people to offer me ones in rough shape, as long as nothing is mechanically wrong or barrel problems. I can fix anything cosmetically! I also have plenty to trade such as guitar amps, tvs, furniture, gps, etc, im an outdoorsman without too much free time so let me know! email me at Joshtboudreaux@gmail.com or message me at my account

killjoy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    I have 2 rifles winchester 94 post 64 built in 1979 and remington 704 sprg. Wood master 30-06. Both need replacement stocks but do function.pull trigger go boooom. Will take 500 for both.

wfarrell1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Im a hunter that has layed dormant for a few years now looking to get back into it. My top price is $400. My ideal calibers are pretty much any .30 caliber(30.06, .300, .308) my preferred manufacturers are remington, winchester, savage, and ruger. Im not setting my hopes too high, I expect people to offer me ones in rough shape, as long as nothing is mechanically wrong or barrel problems. I can fix anything cosmetically! I also have plenty to trade such as guitar amps, tvs, furniture, gps, etc, im an outdoorsman without too much free time so let me know! email me at Joshtboudreaux@gmail.com or message me at my account

i think i got my 30-06 savage from walmart for under 400$ or close. But this was 4 or so years ago so idk, but you probably could get one there for about that price new.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    Walmart has the Savage Edge rifles for around 267 and the Mossberg rifle for25l7 or you can get a 7mm mag Remington 700 for around 400 or Academy has the Remington 700 for 379. No need to buy beat up stuff for 400.

Sulzer

Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    BigBoodro, just a piece of advice, nothing against the above poster, but noticed it in your list of wants, I would stray from a .300 Win Mag for whitetail. The deer you take will be partially ruined. Stick with .270, .308, 30-06 in no particular order (don't want to start an argument :)).

Boutdoors

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2011
    Lacombe
    Brand new rem 700 at Academy $379 hard to beat that.The 2 i bought there shoot 1/2" groups at 100 yards out the box.Just don't buy the 710 or 770 they suck.

BigBoodro

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 20, 2012
    Prairieville
    BigBoodro, just a piece of advice, nothing against the above poster, but noticed it in your list of wants, I would stray from a .300 Win Mag for whitetail. The deer you take will be partially ruined. Stick with .270, .308, 30-06 in no particular order (don't want to start an argument :)).

Well this isn't just a want for a whitetail hunting rifle, I'm very aware of what almost all calibers that are common would do to a deer. I also hunt hogs and mountain lions in Texas so a .300 mag is perfect for shots excess of 300 yards with 200+ lb hogs. I'm looking for a few guns not just one. Thanks for the tidbit tho. Not trying to sound like a jerk haha.

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom