SOLD

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • altimar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Lafayette
    I may be interested, but I can't find any user reviews of this model. If anybody else has one, what are the pros and cons of this model compared to anything else you like or dislike? BOSS, what do you prefer about the aimpoint?

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    i think the 516 is designed so that it can be mounted as far forward on the receiver as possible and clear the factory handguards. also it has buttons on the side if you're going to use a magnifier. that may or may not add value for you.

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    I may be interested, but I can't find any user reviews of this model. If anybody else has one, what are the pros and cons of this model compared to anything else you like or dislike? BOSS, what do you prefer about the aimpoint?

The 516 is one of their newest units, that may explain why there aren't too many reviews. It functions like every eotech w/ 1moa dot and 65moa ring. The buttons are on the side instead of the back. The base is raised 7mm to clear the delta-ring assembly on an AR. CR123 Lithium batteries seem to last the longest in these units (700-1000hrs vs. 400-500hrs), and it's very lightweight. And as always, it's tough as hell.

The aimpoint for me is just system familiarity. I've used aimpoints before, it's just a matter of personal preference for me.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adgram1013
    Top Bottom