7th Congressional District Rep race

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Screaming Eagle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Heel of the Boot
    I'm a little hesitant to try to persuade anyone else about how to vote, but I don't mind telling you who I'm going to support and why. You can make your own mind up from there.
    Charles Boustany has been our Congressional rep for several years. In my experience, he's been very evasive and non-responsive to emails and phone calls I've made to his office. I've gotten form emails in response (sometimes) and never had a phone call returned or even answered by a human being even when I've asked to discuss issues I thought were important. Bottom line is that, as far as 'representing' goes, he hasn't been there. I'm sure others that have contacted him have gotten pretty much the same response so I'm not just feeling sorry for myself. On top of that, Boustany has been avoiding public debates left and right so he hasn't been accountable to the public and doesn't want to be.
    On top of that, what he HAS done is pretty despicable. He's been a toady Republican and has never had the courage to question the 'powers that be'. He voted for the Patriot Act and thought he was a 'good' rep in doing that, he voted for the $700 billion handout that did no good and he's voted against personal liberty issues every single time they've come up.
    So, what's a conscientious voter to do. One of those running against him (Cravins, Jr) is a lifelong democrat that's endorsed Obama. Nuff said? The other person running against him is Peter Vidrine. The sole bright spot imo.
    Vidrine is a very conservative, constitution loving, energetic, pro-life respectable man who doesn't mind telling folks what he's about. You can go to www.peternow.com to see his stands on major issues and you can post direct questions to him and expect clear answers in 'people-ese' English (okay, maybe a bit of broken French lol). I went to a meeting with Peter Vidrine last week and was utterly amazed at the honesty and openness this guy encourages and gives. Just a regular old guy that is solid 2A, solid pro-life, solid Constitution and intends on standing up for his principles.
    Needless to say, I'm voting for Peter Vidrine for Congress. Please let me know if you have any questions you'd like for me to answer about him. I'll tell 'ya what I know and point you to answers for what I don't know.

altimar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Lafayette
    I feel the same way. 'Lord' Bailout Boustany needs to be stomped down even if that had been the only bad thing he did. Cravins at least claims to be pro-life, so I won't feel guilty if I indirectly help him get elected, but I don't feel right about voting for an Obama supporter. Speaking of which, anybody remember Boustany endorsing baby-killing, gun-stealing, cross-dressing Rudy Giuliani?!

Funny you mention asking Peter a question and getting an answer. I asked him a couple questions related to technology issues (being the nerd that I am) and he got back to me pretty quickly. His answer seemed very comprehensive and intelligent. He filed it under 'Copyrights and Patents' on his site if you want to see it.

I don't know how many people saw the KATC debate with all three candidates. Peter did pretty well I think, but the one thing that I think could hurt him is that he kind of came off as a very angry person. Frankly, if people were well informed, they should be pissed off as hell about their current representation too, but it seemed a bit too much to appeal to a lot of the sheep out there.

I'm trying to talk to people about him, but I suspect most will be happy enough with Boustany's claimed policies and say that Peter doesn't have a chance anyhow. I say it's only a wasted vote if you feel forced to vote for someone you don't like...

Screaming Eagle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Heel of the Boot
    Peter's 'passion' and zeal can come off as being angry....and why shouldn't they? We've got a reason to be angry. I saw those letters on his site. Good job. I wrote him a couple of questions also that he answered promptly.

Top Bottom