WTS/WTT: Ruger, Iver Johnson’s, German Luger, Springfield ’03 (lots of pictures)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

kk5fe

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    Covington
    I’m looking to get rid of a few things I don’t shoot for something I will. I’m getting back into a 1911 fetish at the moment….. I live in Covington but work down town New Orleans and can bring it with me for a look see.

First up:
    1940 German luger. Great solid shooter or for display. Has wear as can be seen from the photos, but lots of the original finish is left. The bore is in very good condition. Nazi stamps on barrel and frame. Now for you collectors… no, not all part numbers match. All numbers that show from the outside match but when I pulled it apart I saw the trigger doesn’t match the other part numbers. I didn’t go any further. The magazine is a repro or after market but works well.
    Price: $800 SOLD!

Second:
    Ruger Blackhawk convertible .357/9mm 6 ½ inch barrel, adjustable sites. I am the second owner. It comes with the box (not in perfect condition. Someone doodled in pen on top.) and the 9mm cylinder with the felt bag. No paper work. This is the old model with the three screws on the frame. Serial number places it somewhere between 1970 and 1971. Great condition with only a little blue wear on the tip of the barrel. It was never upgraded. I don’t know the round count, but it has to be low. Doesn’t look very used at all.
    Price: $500 (TRADED!)

Third:
    Iver Johnson’s Buckhorn .44 mag 6 inch barrel, adjustable sites. I am the second owner. Also comes with the box (box isn’t in great shape) No paper work included. The gun is also in wonderful condition. I haven’t shot it much, maybe 100 rounds. (Stuck it in the safe when I got my S&W 29 and never looked back) Exact round count is unknown. Case hardened frame, blue barrel and brass grip frame. No blue wear marks except those pesky lines around the cylinder from the cylinder stop. I’m not sure of its age but I’ve owned it since the early to mid eighties.
    Price $300 (still available but in new sale ad)

Fourth:
    Springfield ‘03 SOLD!
    Very nice looking rifle. This one has a low serial number and barrel to match. Dated 9-11. The rifle was either reworked during WWII or stock was replaced. It has WWII re-work stamps on the stock. I’m pricing this as a show piece and NOT a shooter because the low serial number of the receiver falls in the category of a potentially unsafe firearm. Read more about it here http://m1903.com/03rcvrfail/
    I’ve shot this rifle a few times when I first got it, but that was before reading about the potential problem with the receiver.
    Price: $400

Lots of pictures to follow so be patient…. Cash first to fund a most probably expensive project… but I am looking for a nice target type 1911. No governments as I already have a couple of those. Not really interested in any other types of guns. Prices are not necessarily firm either. If you think I’m high, let me know.

Took photos out. Something is wrong with this ad. It works sometimes and sometimes it doesnt.

Last edited:

kk5fe

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    Covington
    Luger and '03 are SPF

still have both cowboy guns..... :)

There seems to be a problem with my ad as several people said they couldnt get in it. I couldnt either for a while until this morning.:confused:

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom