revolver set value??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • k20em2

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Metairie
    I have a set of s&w 357 magnum revolvers in great condition. ones a snub nose with upgraded sights and the other is a 4inch barrel i believe. there is also a little north american arms .22 magnum. my friend wants to buy them but i have no idea how much they are worth. could yall help me out? i have no idea what the models they are since its not printed on the guns.

photo (9).jpg

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    After the OP posted on the S&W forum, where it was stated that the 4" was in the $400 - $600 range and the snubbie a little more, I pm'ed him asking how much he wanted for the 4" , he said he wanted $1000 for it :rofl:

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    The book on the 66's (and yes, we all know about the book and its values), is $475 in 100%.

I would have offered more than that but when I asked how he arrived at his price considering what he was told, he didn't answer. I woulda given him a $1000 for both of them

Last edited:

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    For a cherry M-66 no-dash with white sights???? Did Geraldo un-earth a previously-undiscovered crate of them in Springfield, thus flooding the market and driving prices down???

Good thing I've been sticking to combat tupperware...

You'd think that since the factory parts for most of the Smiths have dried up, the prices would go up considerably. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be the case.

Now Colt revolvers on the other hand....

I won't mention the *SPOTLESS* nickel 4" Python I gave $750 for a few weeks ago. :D

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    The only 66 going for more than $600 is the 3" model.

Shady, just to ease your conscience I'll take that Python off your hands for $755. Just cause I wanna help :thumbsup:

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Shady, just to ease your conscience I'll take that Python off your hands for $755. Just cause I wanna help :thumbsup:

I know I'm known as someone who's collection turns over quite a bit, but in that particular case, it's not going anywhere for quite a while.

I do however appreciate your offer... to help. :D

josh_912

c.c.
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    belle rose,la
    I bought the snubbie and paid premium for it only because of the cond. and it was on my "always wanted" list. after a good cleaning and little polishing I couldn't be happier! now if I can just find a tyler t grip for it all will be well in the world.

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    I bought the snubbie and paid premium for it only because of the cond. and it was on my "always wanted" list. after a good cleaning and little polishing I couldn't be happier! now if I can just find a tyler t grip for it all will be well in the world.

Josh, as long as you went into the deal knowing you were paying a premium price and would probably never get your money back out of it if you ever sold it and your happy with it thats all that matters. I paid top dollar for my 610-3 and had ppl tell me they would never pay that much for a gun with the lock but I wasn't buying it as a investment. It's my favorite gun and will never be sold. So, enjoy your new gun and revel in the fact that you own it and I don't :thumbsup:

Top Bottom