16" Fal

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • born2weld

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2008
    Butte Larose
    Howdy all. I would like to know if anyone could recommend a gunsmith that is capable of cutting down, re-crowning, and attaching a new flash suppressor on my FAL. I would also like to know if anyone here has done this? If so, How does it shoot? is it reliable? did you have to modify the gas block? etc... Any info would be a ton of help.

2hogluckydog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    Metairie
    Howdy all. I would like to know if anyone could recommend a gunsmith that is capable of cutting down, re-crowning, and attaching a new flash suppressor on my FAL. I would also like to know if anyone here has done this? If so, How does it shoot? is it reliable? did you have to modify the gas block? etc... Any info would be a ton of help.

Check out the FAL Files Forums.

I have two FAL and have yeat to find a gumsmith that will work on them
    have don everything myself. I wouldnot do what you need myself.
    Check out the FAL Files lots of good people thear.:)

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    There is a well respected guy on the Falfiles who does this,he charges around 50 dollars,barrel must be loose, his name is moses I do not know of anyone local that does it. The gas block will have to be enlarged to .125 1/8 inch, see this thread for some other Ideas http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=234384

and this one for Moses info he does great work.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=234384

I cut my own but have not crowned or re-threaded it yet eventually I am sure I will.

born2weld

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2008
    Butte Larose
    I surf the "Files" too. I was just wondering if there was anyone a little closer to home that could do the work. I've thought about trying it myself. But don't know if i have the tools.

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    I used a Dremel, I plan on useing Frenchcats method to reduce barrel diameter so tap will fit, I have the Tap and aligning kit just haven't got around to it. I'll let ya know how it comes out. I cut mine to 17 3/4 inches so I have room to let the pro's do it if I butcher it.

WHEELER

Don't Tread on Me
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    factory 18" here, and only had one or two hiccups with wolf (it would probably work 100% if i adjusted the gas when switching to wolf).

18" produces a good muzzle blast, 16" would be pretty loud

Bullet

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    New Orleans - Westbank
    There is a well respected guy on the Falfiles who does this,he charges around 50 dollars,barrel must be loose, his name is moses I do not know of anyone local that does it. The gas block will have to be enlarged to .125 1/8 inch, see this thread for some other Ideas http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=234384

and this one for Moses info he does great work.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=234384

I cut my own but have not crowned or re-threaded it yet eventually I am sure I will.
    I had two shortened by Moses. Expect to enlarge the gas port.

Top Bottom