Another mag question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I had some AR mags on order , but after a couple of weeks , the vendor finally admitted that they were back ordered . I cancelled .
    Who has mags ? Also , which are the best for the buck ? I hear about P-mags and C-mags , USGI , etc . What's the deal ?

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    Pmags are the ONLY mags I would spend a dime on, but I am one of those "settle for no less than the best" guys. There are other mags that are functional and cheaper, if that's your thing.

dangermoney

C'est Chaud Peur Lot
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    Here is a decent AR-15 magazine FAQ. Discusses the various magazine types/manufacturers/laws (except for PMAGS) and magazine related topics. In general, I find that the USGI contract mags with the Magpul gen3 self leveling followers are GTG, provided that you take care of them.

I also like the Magpul PMAGS but don't have much experience with them yet. Although they do seem to be the rave right now, and do appear to be much more durable than USGI mags in certain scenarios (e.g. drop free drills over concrete and other hard surfaces), I wouldn't describe them as being better than USGI contract mags for most applications. Time will tell how these mags will fare over the long term. USGI mags have already proven themselves over the long haul which is why I tend to stick to them (for now).

YMMV.

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rynola
    Top Bottom