9mm subsonic 124gr cheap

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I’ve been buying this from Southern Munitions for a while now because I can no longer find the Federal Suppressor ammo and I really can’t tell the difference. Anyway, I noticed today that it’s on sale (139.99 + tax/ships free) so I ordered two 500 round boxes that came to just under $300 shipped.
    1000 rounds to my door for 296.78.
    They advertise a much slower speed than I get on the chrony. It’s basically identical to the Federal loads and shoots the same. It also does cycle without a suppressor, unlike the description. Not sure why they added that but I’m guessing to idiot proof the sales.

Attachments

• 0991BCF2-75F2-470C-9F61-FA3D147CCE41.jpeg
      0991BCF2-75F2-470C-9F61-FA3D147CCE41.jpeg
      556.5 KB · Views: 31
    • E98D6717-D238-4EF9-8C16-45EC60720881.png
      E98D6717-D238-4EF9-8C16-45EC60720881.png
      257.3 KB · Views: 30

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The 1000 round case is even cheaper than two 500 round cases. With tax and shipping, it comes to about $260.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    The 1000 round case is even cheaper than two 500 round cases. With tax and shipping, it comes to about $260.

I tried that route (264.99 plus tax)and even though they showed it in stock it flashed a message and wouldn’t let me purchase. If I remember right it was like 285 with tax. They don’t charge shipping.
    I clicked on your link and it sends me to their standard remanned 124gr ammo. The one I’ve listed are subsonic.
    Still a good deal though. Somewhere under $240 per thousand.

Attachments

• 55EDEDA4-9704-4D13-9240-FCC7D2CF0CE5.png
      55EDEDA4-9704-4D13-9240-FCC7D2CF0CE5.png
      137.1 KB · Views: 9
    Last edited:

LSUpete2023

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 16, 2022
    Baton Rouge
    I’ve been buying this from Southern Munitions for a while now because I can no longer find the Federal Suppressor ammo and I really can’t tell the difference. Anyway, I noticed today that it’s on sale (139.99 + tax/ships free) so I ordered two 500 round boxes that came to just under $300 shipped.
    1000 rounds to my door for 296.78.
    They advertise a much slower speed than I get on the chrony. It’s basically identical to the Federal loads and shoots the same. It also does cycle without a suppressor, unlike the description. Not sure why they added that but I’m guessing to idiot proof the sales.

I know it says suppressed use only but is this mainly for pistol with a piston booster or will this work with a locked out 3-lug on an MP5?

How is their stuff on quality as far as duds? I run brand name ammo always because I like to evaluate the reliability of whatever gun I'm shooting.... and I know some remanned stuff is really bad/unreliable. I just don't want my time at the range ruined thinking there is something wrong with my gun, or if it's the ammo and all in my head.

Anyways, if you say it's pretty reliable, I might get some. Thanks

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I know it says suppressed use only but is this mainly for pistol with a piston booster or will this work with a locked out 3-lug on an MP5?

How is their stuff on quality as far as duds? I run brand name ammo always because I like to evaluate the reliability of whatever gun I'm shooting.... and I know some remanned stuff is really bad/unreliable. I just don't want my time at the range ruined thinking there is something wrong with my gun, or if it's the ammo and all in my head.

Anyways, if you say it's pretty reliable, I might get some. Thanks
    I can only speak for their subs and I get what you’re saying. I got away from Freedom Munitions because of QC issues years ago and still won’t buy their stuff. I’ve had no issues to date with Southern, other than their site is a little quirky. Delivery is pretty quick. The ammo is clean and generally looks like they take their time with it. I’ve had no dud rounds and I think they’re on par with the Federal Eagle Suppressor Ammo. I had more issues with all the damn flat nose 147gr stuff to be honest. AR9’s simply do not like them and FTF rate is crazy so I like to stick with standard round nose bullets. When the Federal became so hard to find I had settled on just loading my own and happebed upon Southern. I’ve probably been through about 3500 rounds or so. I don’t get the “low velocity” warning they state, as I can’t tell any difference in theirs and the Federal. Next time out I’ll shoot a few through the chrony and check.

LSUpete2023

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 16, 2022
    Baton Rouge
    I can only speak for their subs and I get what you’re saying. I got away from Freedom Munitions because of QC issues years ago and still won’t buy their stuff. I’ve had no issues to date with Southern, other than their site is a little quirky. Delivery is pretty quick. The ammo is clean and generally looks like they take their time with it. I’ve had no dud rounds and I think they’re on par with the Federal Eagle Suppressor Ammo. I had more issues with all the damn flat nose 147gr stuff to be honest. AR9’s simply do not like them and FTF rate is crazy so I like to stick with standard round nose bullets. When the Federal became so hard to find I had settled on just loading my own and happebed upon Southern. I’ve probably been through about 3500 rounds or so. I don’t get the “low velocity” warning they state, as I can’t tell any difference in theirs and the Federal. Next time out I’ll shoot a few through the chrony and check.

Ok awesome I appreciate it. I’ll try them out because it was this or Fiocchi

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Apple cider vinegarOTR
    Top Bottom