A first for me

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    Picked up some brass at a range yesterday. I always pass a magnet over it to pick up the steel cases. The magnet picked up a few brass colored cases. The headstamp was X-Treme. After a little research, it is sold by the same people that make X-Treme bullets and is brass coated steel. Don't know if it is reloadable, but all of it is in the garbage.

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    Man, that would suck to get that stuck in a die thinking you have a brass case! You can reload steel but you better be prepped for it. I keep steel cases for desperate times.

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    During WWII a lot of Military 45 ACP were loaded in steel cases to save the brass for other war time needs . They were boxer primed and zinc washed ... They were a dull grey color , not shiny like nickel and not brass . I remember reloading a lot of them ... Military 45 acp brass was cheap and easy to get back then .
    after removing the military crimped in primer you were good to go .
    The only difference was the steel developed cracks after 3 or 4 loadings ... the brass cases would last 10 or 12 reloadings . I would use them to make my dummy 45's for die setting and such . They worked great for dummies !
    But as far as 45 acp go , they loaded and shot fine ... just cracked sooner .
    Gary

Top Bottom