A good re-visit on Bug Out Bags

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    First, I want to thank Nolacop for referencing this website in a thread not too long ago. I've been looking thru it for the past few days and it's got some decent info there.

BUT... I found one that really explains the whole Bug Out Bag theory. It's worth a read.

One of the more popular ideas for survival gear organization is the “Three Tier Survival Gear Kit”, also known as Modular Survival Kit. This extra organization for your Bug Out Bag and EDC will help you to survive almost any situation that you encounter.

Three Tier Survival Kit

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I have a different approach.. I have my daily carry pack, in it includes a tuna foil pack, some powder for a powdered mix drink, a good solid knife, a portable water filter, gps, extra batts,copies of IDS and a few extra mags for the pistol. and a change of clothes.

in my closet I have another pack with more of the same but in it is fire making lint, lighters, some cash and more ammo.. basically more of the proven items I would need, but then I have a pack dedicated to food, fire, and shelter..

My modular version is just one day, 3 days or shtf. each one offering abit more of what I need.

I have multiple copies of med list, important people, and numbers in each.. I also have some bulk ammo for the gun I have .. it changes from time to time.. I usually try to keep with in the same calibers..

Top Bottom