a tip to any customer from a business owner

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    if you are going to have a company order a part that costs them alot of money, make sure you show up for your appointment... if at any point something comes up where you cannot make the appointment for that day, call asap to let them know the circumstances.. don't expect the business to inconvenience other customers because you are too lazy to make a phone call and then when you are finally ready to get the work done, don't get impatient when we don't drop everything we're doing to come kiss your ass...

also, we don't waive deductibles, it's against state law and i don't need to pay you so you will let me work on your car... if things are that "bad" that you cannot pay your $100 deductible, perhaps you need to sell the big rims on your ride to pay for repairs...

lastly, if you have questions, don't hesitate to ask, but if you run to a competitor to ask about the quality work i provide and then question me sideways about it, go F*C$ yourself...

you may resume normal conversation...

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    IDK about glass but if a body shop won't take care of a deductible for me they ain't workin on my body.

I do very much agree on the other parts. IMO, insurance companies make out like a bandit and my little deductible is train fare to them.

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    thing is though, that by not paying your deductible, you are hurting that business, not the insurance company... not that i care because if someone wants to do something for free that's up to them...

bearfutedninja

coming soon
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    lafayette
    sometimes corners are cut to waive deductibles. Parts replaced with aftermarket instead of factory. buying used parts instead of new. fixing parts instead of replacing. id rather pay a little more and have it done right then wave a deductible and get substandard parts and work. sometimes shops dont waive it and still perform substandard work is the only problem.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    I figured they don't need my 100 bucks... They will just steal it off the next woman or old person that walks in :run:

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    sometimes corners are cut to waive deductibles. Parts replaced with aftermarket instead of factory. buying used parts instead of new. fixing parts instead of replacing. I'd rather pay a little more and have it done right then wave a deductible and get substandard parts and work. sometimes shops don't waive it and still perform substandard work is the only problem.

some of what you mentioned is mandated by insurance companies, not the body shop trying to cut corners... specifically, using salvage and aftermarket parts...

Last edited:

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I've never had any issue with using "used" body parts. It's sheet metal, as long as it's straight and a factory part, there's no real way to "use it up." I'd rather have that than the cheap crap aftermarket parts that don't fit and are of lesser quality materials.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    I'm cool with a deductible. I'll even overpay and pay cash for service that's top notch. But if I'm paying big money I better be in the VIP section whenever I get there or I'm taking my business someplace that appreciates me.

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Welcome to human nature, capitalism, & the free-enterprise system.

Years ago, when I was a Family Doctor, I would make house calls on indigent patients who couldn't pay their doctor bills, treating them for free as charity cases; and they'd be living in a nicer home than mine, with bass boat, motor home, and giant T-V.

Stick by your guns. The "deductible" is not your business. It is part of an agreement between the customer and his insurance comany.

You don't want or need "customers" like that.

Do good work, charge a fair price, and hang in there !

leVieux

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    Welcome to human nature, capitalism, & the free-enterprise system.

Years ago, when I was a Family Doctor, I would make house calls on indigent patients who couldn't pay their doctor bills, treating them for free as charity cases; and they'd be living in a nicer home than mine, with bass boat, motor home, and giant T-V.

Stick by your guns. The "deductible" is not your business. It is part of an agreement between the customer and his insurance comany.

You don't want or need "customers" like that.

Do good work, charge a fair price, and hang in there !

leVieux

i'm taking you out to dinner

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    thing is though, that by not paying your deductible, you are hurting that business, not the insurance company... not that i care because if someone wants to do something for free that's up to them...

I am shocked. It had never occurred to me to ask (demand) a body shop or other provider waive the deductible set by my insurance company. And honestly I'd never heard of that until today.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    I am shocked. It had never occurred to me to ask (demand) a body shop or other provider waive the deductible set by my insurance company. And honestly I'd never heard of that until today.
    I've never had to ask. Both shops I used in passed just did it when I got a quote after calling around. Seems like your fellow repair shops are the ones screwing you Russo and not so much consumer. If they wouldn't do it either it wouldn't be brought up.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Actually when thinking about it, I've never dealt with a company when my deductible would come into play. If I am at fault then I'm going to fix it myself.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA

Very common in the glass/windshield business.
    I can't remember the last time I paid a deductible on a windshield replacement.
    And like SGT_Kramer I have never had to ask.

Although one time I had to have back window on a pick up and when I asked for a price quote they wanted to know the insurance company first.
    When I told them I didn't have comp on the truck the quoted me under $200.
    I asked what the price would have been if I would have had coverage with my insurance company and the price was closer to $400.
    So even waiving my deductible they would have made more if I had insurance.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods

I have used the same shop for years. They will get salvage parts or even aftermarket and save enough on their bid to pay my deductible.

I'm not worried about the parts, my vehicles are just vehicles, nuttn fancy.

If you use Geico you will get used parts

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA

Remember, the insurance company does not set your deductible, you choose the amount of deductible you want according to what premium you are willing to pay.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    When I told them I didn't have comp on the truck the quoted me under $200.
    I asked what the price would have been if I would have had coverage with my insurance company and the price was closer to $400.
    So even waiving my deductible they would have made more if I had insurance.
    Seems to be the case. I can't imagine all these body shops stay open waiving deductable if it wasn't still profitable and probably more so then just getting paid out of pocket. Is this fair to assume Russo or is it one set price?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom