AAC 51T Flash Hider Pinging?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Walterg

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have an AAC M4-2000 suppressor in the works. I'm looking to get the quick detach adaptor for my barrel. I heard that the AAC flash hider makes a pinging noise when it is shot with the suppressor attached. Do any of you have experience with this flash hider? Thanks in advance for any input.

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    I have the three prong blackout FH and never heard the ping. I am also tone deaf so that my help. It is said by the ones who can hear it to just shoot the hell out of it and let carbon buildup knock out the ping. If it really bothers you just get the muzzle brake.

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    I have an AAC M4-2000 suppressor in the works. I'm looking to get the quick detach adaptor for my barrel. I heard that the AAC flash hider makes a pinging noise when it is shot with the suppressor attached. Do any of you have experience with this flash hider? Thanks in advance for any input.

They make a pinging noise WITHOUT the can attached. You can sometimes hear it with the can on but its not as noticeable. Usually, once you do a bit of shooting with the can attached, some carbon builds up on the prongs and the sounds diminishes. What you are hearing is a vibration of the prongs, similar to a tuning fork.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    If you've ever shot an AR with a Smith Vortex flash hider, its the same sound.

Sounds like music to my ears.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    It's always happened to some users since it was released years ago. I remember posting about it four years ago after my first range session with my can.

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    Wow, my 300 Blk must be defective as well b/ zero ping there too. Calling AAC in the am. I want "PING" for my hard earned "BLING"! Either way, I'll call a friend in Atlanta that always goes to their headquarters and see if he can make an inquiry.

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Wow, my 300 Blk must be defective as well b/ zero ping there too. Calling AAC in the am. I want "PING" for my hard earned "BLING"! Either way, I'll call a friend in Atlanta that always goes to their headquarters and see if he can make an inquiry.

:D

I'm sure there is some variance in how much each one pings, I'd bet yours does it to an extent you just don't notice it if you're wearing ear pro and/or there's other people shooting at the same time. It does act just like a tuning fork, even just smacking the barrel or charging the BCG will make them ring.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    It's actually much more noticeable when I am wearing electronic ear pro. I haven't performed scientific tests, but I don't think I notice it all without the electronic muffs.

Walterg

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So what I understand is that their is a "ping", but it's not really noticeable. I should just get the flash hider and don't worry about it. I was just wondering if when I shoot a round at the range everyone else would turn their head wondering where that "ping" noise is coming from.

Thanks for the help guys!

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    The question that comes to my mind is who friggin cares?
    internet pricks from what I can tell. I've seen whole topics trashing different flash hiders because they "ring" and praising the advent of the Silencerco Trifecta flash hider because it has prongs SUPER ENGINEERED to not only suppress FLASH but SUPPRESS RESONANCE. That's like SILENCING YOUR GUN BOTH COMIN' AND GOIN'.

Seriously I've seen discussions on various boards including silencer-specific boards. People will find the silliest **** to bitch about in regards to gear, sometimes.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    So what I understand is that their is a "ping", but it's not really noticeable. I should just get the flash hider and don't worry about it. I was just wondering if when I shoot a round at the range everyone else would turn their head wondering where that "ping" noise is coming from.

Thanks for the help guys!
    Likely they're not going to hear it through their ear pro if you're shooting unsuppressed on a line with other people shooting unsuppressed. Unless they got some Peltors or other electronic ears cranked way up. Even then, I've never personally noticed any of them ringing but I have not specifically TRIED to listen for it.

Top Bottom