AAFES Exchange privileges for Honorably Discharged Veterans

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ratchethead

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    I do not represent AAFES nor do I receive any benefit from them. As of 11/2017 all Honorably Discharged Veterans have access to the AAFES Exchange online stores. No sales tax and shipping is free for orders over $49 (or if you apply for and use a Military Star Card for your purchase). Their prices are usually less than other sites, especially when they have a sale, and they often have products that are sold out elsewhere (think 30 rd AR mags, toilet paper, masks, hand sanitizer, etc.). Worth a look.

https://www.aafes.com/about-exchange

https://www.shopmyexchange.com/veterans

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    You have to apply to DOD or a participating identity service to be eligible and get a VA card. It takes a long time (forever) to get the card but at least it also serves as proof of service so you won’t have that argument ever again. Took me at least six months to get through the process. Once completed though you can shop the AAFES Exchange. I found prices on most stuff to be meh... but another tool in the box if you want it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    You have to apply to DOD or a participating identity service to be eligible and get a VA card. It takes a long time (forever) to get the card but at least it also serves as proof of service so you won’t have that argument ever again. Took me at least six months to get through the process. Once completed though you can shop the AAFES Exchange. I found prices on most stuff to be meh... but another tool in the box if you want it.

It just asked for some verification info and had me upload dd214. Said it would take up to 3 days to approve but I got an approval e-mail 30 minutes later. They must have streamlined the process since you applied. It was pretty painless.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    GREAT!! This is long overdue. I'm retired and was sent to Iraq several times. I've always thought that any service member who has served in a conflict - i.e., has a campaign ribbon deserved to have commissary and exchange privileges' at a minimum.

Top Bottom