AAR for Larue Tactical Multigun in Waco, TX

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vsound

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 25, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Four of us from S. La. travelled to Waco, TX this past weekend to shoot the Larue Tactical Multigun match at Tiger Valley just outside Waco. Awesome match. Very challenging and gave us some things that we need to practice now. Incredible prize table. One of us (not me) won a shotgun on the prize table, the rest of us won Larue mounts and some other assorted items.

The most awesome part of the match......we all got to shoot a Dillon Aero Minigun as a part of one of the stages. Freakin unreal...

Also got to breech a door with our shotgun, had to do a 90 degree canted rifle shot at 100 yds (under a port about 8-10 inches tall), had targets out to 500 yds in 25-30 mph winds, etc., etc.

There are several videos posted on Youtube already. This one shows someone else on the Minigun stage, which was also the long range stage.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1f8rsor80I[/ame]

SwampKat

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Laplace, LA
    So, why weren't you there?

Boy, now that would have been an interesting road trip. Me, you, Gordo, Ben, and Bill.

Sold my rifles and working on my new builds to get ready for the team sniper match there again.

Did yall stay there in the bunk house and did yall get to shoot any coyotes after dark?

TJ and crew are some stand up guys.

Oh, and to anyone that goes there do NOT pet the cat unless you want blood drawn!

vsound

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 25, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    No chance on the bunk house. There were 165 shooters in Tactical and 18 or 19 in Tactical Heavy. Plus ROs and organizers, etc.

I wasn't sure they could pull off that many shooters on 8 stages over two days. We had a lot of waiting around, but they pulled it off. Greg (MD), TJ, Linda (stats) and the ROs busted their asses to get it done.

Only saw the cat once from a distance.

SwampKat

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Laplace, LA
    Which hotel did yall stay at? Found Days Inn off I-35 to be the cheapest out there.

There is a good steak house (George's) near there too.

We should organize some group trips in the future.

Usually if you call way ahead you can grab a bunk, it's $20 a night and sleeps 10 I think or you can stay on grounds in your vehicle, rv/camper, or tint for $5 a night if I remember correctly.

vsound

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 25, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Fairfield Inn on I35 was the match hotel. Didn't know about George's, but we found a Texas Roadhouse down I35 a little ways.

Bring it on! They already have the dates posted for next year's Larue match. You need to join us.

BTW, do you have any medical experience? We've come to the conclusion we need a medic on Team Coonass. :doh:

SwampKat

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Laplace, LA
    No medical experience yet, but plan on going back to TV for more training including their medic course.

Do yall plan on attending their other matches?

Team Sniper Match (2 man)
    The Tiger Valley team match involves a two-day deployment with thirty two-man teams (sniper and spotter). The type of weapons chosen by the teams is up to them. One shooter will be responsible for long range shots and the other for protection of the sniper as they move into and maintain position. Both shooters will be required to have a pistol on them at all times. The sniper can expect shots to 1000 yards; spotter can expect shots to 400 yards.

Tactical Team Match (4 man)
    Teams will be comprised of 4 shooters. All shooters must have both an AR type rifle and pistol with them for the match. One shooter must also have a weapon with optics for shots to 500 yards, and a shotgun must be available for breaching and target engagement. This is a tactical match, not Super SWAT. That being said, it is also not a Palm match. You should have the ability to move several hundred yards through obstacles while shooting safely. What type of obstacles? If you can climb a chain link fence, wood fence and enter an attic stair way you should have no problem. This match will stress accuracy, and thinking through problems. You will be given a situation and told to solve it as quickly as you can. Speed, the ability to think and shoot accurately will win the day.

vsound

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 25, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    This was my one big one for the year. Don't know what Bill, Ben, and Gordo might have planned. Bill and Ben went to the Team Sniper match last year.

Plus, I'm not sure if I'm man enough for the Tactical Team Match. I have a hard enough time getting out of bed, much less trying to scale fences. ;)

SwampKat

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Laplace, LA
    Was that the Sept. team sniper?

The Team Sniper is usually my big match for the year. Don't have much time to travel for the out of state matches.

Top Bottom