Actual non-trolling question about hurricane prep

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I hope you never have to try out the shot gun theory. If so good luck. To me it sounds like a death sentence.

Dave
    sent from Nokia 920

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Lol, Me too I think, Never had to try it, However I may bring a sheet of 5/8 plywood to the range and just for the Hell of it, Blow some holes!

Door breaching and shooting hole after hole, in a straight line, through a roof while inside an attic, that's dark, and rapidly filling up with water are two entirely different things. Oh and I would imagine that the shot wouldn't have enough range to spread much. So if you're lucky you get a what, two inch hole every time? I don't know how big you are. But I'd need more than one box of shells.

Dave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Lol, Me too I think, Never had to try it, However I may bring a sheet of 5/8 plywood to the range and just for the Hell of it, Blow some holes!

You have a range you can do that?
    I'd like to see the results, how many shells, how long it took and how comfortable it was going through it.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    And don't forget to lie on your back, do it at night with a flashlight, and cover the plywood with tar paper, and shingles on the side opposite you. :)

Good luck!

Dave

sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    keep forgetting to do more test but i did kill a mosquito in the bathroom with lysol spray. i think dollar store brand works better. not sure if it works as a repellent on the skin.

decades ago i could walk in the swamp behind the house and kill 50 to 100 snakes! its good to keep a couple cases for bird shot around. did you know wild hogs will clean an area of snakes? problem is around here if a wild hog is spotted, 10+ bubbas will be after it.

everyone in south louisiana should have a flood boat, even without a motor. drinking water, pork n beans, lysol spray, survival box, glock, rifle, shotgun. tie up to a tree in the shade.

enigmedic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Sep 14, 2010
    New Orleans area
    The irony of the whole debate is one of the advocates of "shooting your way out" tried to qualify his expert opinion by saying he was a "first responder" during Katrina. For those that truly were, it is not hard to spot a phony. Outside of the obvious futility of that idea, a few other things were also amiss when he was asked about his experience. It reminded me of a Don Shipley phony Navy SeAL video, within 5 questions the phony was outed. I would liken it to someone claiming to being an IPSC champion and he holds his gun sideways like gang member; it is not very likely. I often wondered where all of the preposterous Katrina stories of urban warriors and bedlam came from, now I know.

enigmedic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Sep 14, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Agreed, Dan. The way it was presented was meant to imply "Public Safety," a big difference. The context was: from and engineering AND public safety standpoint, this is a feasible plan. LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Took all of a few seconds to see through.

enigmedic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Sep 14, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Gator 45/70, DWR461, KZ45, DANtheMan, : In all seriousness, if you guys would like to assemble at a range to video and demonstrate, let me know. We have a facility in New Orleans area if you guys would like to make a video of it.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I'm in. It could be fun.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I'm over in Lafayette boy's, When I snag a 1/2 sheet of plywood to blast I'll ask for some bona-fided witnesses Besides its 105/110 degrees, Not sure how many of you ladies can hang with me on a warm day?

LOL

Don't forget to tack the tar paper and the fiberglass shingles to the back of it first! You don't want to water down the test! ;)

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Kz45 might be able to come by some scrap. I'm in Livingston parish.
    Dave

Top Bottom