Advocates flaunt their guns (OC March)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Is this what we need? Is this a way to tear down the public perception that guns are ever so horrible or does this just continue to display gun owners as whackos?

7 hrs ago
    On April 13, a high school student named Sean M. Combs walked through downtown Birmingham, Michigan, with an M-1 rifle strapped to his back — apparently just because he thought he could legally. He was arrested, though, and charged with brandishing a weapon, obstructing police, and disturbing the peace — accusations that have local gun advocates, uh, up in arms. On Monday, they marched, carrying guns, into the city's commission chambers to protest the charges against the 18-year-old, arguing that Combs has legal right, under "open carry" laws, to carry a firearm in public. Police Chief Don Studt conceded that Combs was exercising his constitutional right, but said he was also "creating a disturbance."
    D58F73791B5BB97A2383AFDECACC9F.jpg

http://now.msn.com/now/0612-gun-toting-protest

Last edited:

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    if people were arrested more often for exercising their right to carry and the public reacted the same way these people did (peacefully and strong), it would change the perception of individual rights and freedom of the second ammendment..

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    That's what really pisses me off. It just sounds like a cop covering his a** for not know the law.
    He knows the law, he just found a way to work around it. The disturbing the peace thing is a crock and everyone knows it which is why there was a protest. Was the kid right for openly carrying a rifle slung over his shoulder in the middle of the city? We know he wasn't breaking the law with regards to openly carrying a firearm so that's up to him. It's his right. Reminds of me of the movie where Nicholas Cage was walking down the streets of New York with a bow and quiver of arrows.
    What many are missing in this article is the fact that it's legal in Alabama for citizens to openly carry firearms into many places where we are prohibited in Louisiana. Case in point, government buildings and offices. In many states you can carry into your city council meetings and even polling places. We have fallen way behind on carry rights in this state.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    First, let me pre-qulaify this by saying that I am not a LEO Basher; but I thought about this one for a long time.

In the police station:

Police Captain: Jenkins, It's Walls first day out. You take the rookie with you.
    Jenkins: You got it Cap! Let's go Walls.

In the patrol car:

Walls: Hey jenkins, you been a cop for 20 years; any tips I should know?
    Jenkins: Keep your eyes open and make sure you go home to your wife and kids each and every night.
    Walls: Thanks, man.
    Jenkins: Oh, and never forget; no matter what happens if you have to take someone in and you are not sure what they have done; they have ALWAYS at least disturbed the peace.
    Walls: Wow! Even if they were just mouthing off and acting like an a**hole?
    Jenkins: Particulalry if they mouth off!
    Walls: Got it!
    Jenkins: Just think of it as lagniappe!
    :mamoru:

Last edited:

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It's not at all accepted by LEO or govt to accept open carry in Southeastern MI.

Birmingham is perhaps the wealthiest town in Oakland County - itself one of the wealthiest counties in the US. It's a liberal, closed community that caters to the boutique owners and shoppers.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    first, let me pre-qulaify this by saying that i am not a leo basher; but i thought about this one for a long time.

In the police station:

Police captain: Jenkins, it's walls first day out. You take the rookie with you.
    Jenkins: You got it cap! Let's go walls.

In the patrol car:

Walls: Hey jenkins, you been a cop for 20 years; any tips i should know?
    Jenkins: Keep your eyes open, head on a swivel and rack a round and make sure you go home to your wife and kids each and every night.
    Walls: Thanks, man.
    Jenkins: Oh, and never forget; no matter what happens if you have to take someone in and you are not sure what they have done; they have always at least disturbed the peace.
    Walls: Wow! Even if they were just mouthing off and acting like an a**hole?
    Jenkins: Particulalry if they mouth off!
    Walls: Got it!
    Jenkins: Just think of it as lagniappe!
    :mamoru:

edited version

Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    "Creating a disturbance"????? What the heck does that mean? So if I walk down the street of some leftist city and people don't like that I am wearing a T shirt with a Christian Cross or a Confederate flag....am I going to be arrested for "creating a disturbance"???

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    "Creating a disturbance"????? What the heck does that mean? So if I walk down the street of some leftist city and people don't like that I am wearing a T shirt with a Christian Cross or a Confederate flag....am I going to be arrested for "creating a disturbance"???

In Birmingham, MI? Oy vey! They would stare at you condescendingly.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bree
    Top Bottom