Airguns are neat, fun, but expensive

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    I have some. They are quite good for small game within a reasonable distance. But the really good ones with 1100+ fps are expensive.

I have a Chinese airgun that was given to me years ago that cost 19.95 that shoots around 800 fps. It is accurate, powerful, not too difficult to ****. It's alot of fun to shoot.

I would like to get one of the really fast ones, 1200+ but they are so expensive.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    You don't need 1200fps to kill squirrels. Any of the 1000fps to even 700fps will drill them with proper shot placement. My buddy once shot 6 squirrels in my backyard using a Diana 26 .177 that shot around 700fps. There were 13 squirrels in 2 trees in my backyard and he got 6 of them. Drill them in the head if you want instant knockdown. I use CB Longs in my .22 rifle to treerat hunt with, its quieter than the pellet gun with more knockdown with a 29gr bullet at around 700fps. Regular ammo shot about an inch higher.

happy trails

PS I have a Sheridan 5mm (.20) CO2 with plenty of thump for rat huntin and I think it does around 700fps. I also bought a Cabelas air rifle at their bargain cave for $100 with nice scope that was normally 200+ in their catalog. I've seen Benjamin .22 pump rifles up there for 89 bucks plus other stuff. The cabelas special does 1000fps with a single **** and is very accurate with lots of power. I think its the Outfitter model or somesuch.

Last edited:

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    My daughter just joined EBR Shooting Sports for air rifle. I am looking for a good reasonable competition air rifle for her. Any recommendations? CO2? I know CMP has some on thier website.

Top Bottom